Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you and your in laws get along?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM
  • 124 Replies
I was just wondering how many out there get along within their in laws? My father in law and I get along my mother in law I know doesn't like me and neither does her other son and daughter. Fine with me I just was wondering how many others out there in the same situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MSmama_x3
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:25 AM
I just have a mil. My husband was 8 when his dad passed away. She & I get along great, though we haven't always. My husband and I have been married 5 yrs....for the first 2 1/2, my mil & I didn't see eye to eye.
My husbands brother is an arrogant ass, I'm nice only just because. He makes me feel like he wishes my husband had married the girl he dated throughout high school. That girl has caused major problems and I find him disrespectful in many ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Belismom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I'm waiting for a time to pass where we will get along. I thought after my dd was born we would but even to this day she makes things so akward. We have been together for 9 years married for 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopefulMommy89
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I never got to meet my MIL; she lost her battle with breast cancer a couple years before DH and I met. My FIL is DH's stepdad and he's, um, different. He's a major conspiracy theorist and hypochondriac/attention whore, so we have to take everything he says with a big grain of salt. My BIL and SIL are much younger than us (6 years and 14 years younger than me, respectively) so I don't know them very well, unfortunately. I adore his aunt but she's out of state, and his uncles and aunts that are here are quirky and we don't see them very often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxMocahFrappxx
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM
5 moms liked this

Hi,

My mil and I have a fake relationship.

I try to keep the peace in the family.She tries to instigate problems in my marriage.My dh and I have been married over 12 years and have two great kids.She will never accept me....and I will never accept her nonsense...lol..

~Tia

2lilmamas
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Yes love them to pieces.
AshleyGaddis
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Hahaha my mil wishes I was dead, cant say I dont feel the same sometimes, but it doesnt matter because I have a wonderful husband who supports me and is on MY side when it comes to his crazy mother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM

My MIL is one of my best friends! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ILs. They are both fabulous people. I also love my GMIL, and BIL. As a matter of fact, my BIL and his family live a few doors down from us and we see each other a lot. Their dd is like my own kiddo. 

My mother moved down the street from my ILs 3 years ago and now they are inseparable. Everybody loves my ILs. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

sbreece
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Some of the replies in this post are horrible :(

My in laws and I get along great! We have since day 1. They're awesome, laid back people and they know how good I am to their baby boy. The fact that my husband and i are giving them their first grand baby..well, that's just a plus! Lol I could ask for a better family to be a part of! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbreece
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Haha this reminds me of ny own dad! Lmao I love him to peices and he would do anything for anyone! But he has this major idea in his head that the "aliens are coming" and the "government is behind everything! "

Like you said, we take it with a grain of salt and move on. Lol he's not getting any younger so we just look over his goofiness.

Quoting HopefulMommy89:

I never got to meet my MIL; she lost her battle with breast cancer a couple years before DH and I met. My FIL is DH's stepdad and he's, um, different. He's a major conspiracy theorist and hypochondriac/attention whore, so we have to take everything he says with a big grain of salt. My BIL and SIL are much younger than us (6 years and 14 years younger than me, respectively) so I don't know them very well, unfortunately. I adore his aunt but she's out of state, and his uncles and aunts that are here are quirky and we don't see them very often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN