Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your in laws get along?

Posted by   + Show Post
I was just wondering how many out there get along within their in laws? My father in law and I get along my mother in law I know doesn't like me and neither does her other son and daughter. Fine with me I just was wondering how many others out there in the same situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (121-124):
needtobreath
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Well I have always hated my MIL. She stopped raising my H when he was five and had my H come to the states to be raised by his aunt and uncle while she kept her other son. Which has been hard between him and his brother thst she threw him away but kept his brother. Then when he was in tenth grade she decided to move to the states and move him away from his aunt and uncle(his now mom and dad to him). I thought this was cruel and ive told her. She dont care and her excuse for the way she was and still is now always is "well thats the way we do it in my country". Which it is not otherwise her sister the one that raised my H wouldnt be as nice and wonderful as she is. He don't talk about it much but when he does he hates his real mom too. All she did when he had to move back with her was treat him like a husband not her son. She is still in our life when she wants something or something fixed. That's the only time he hears from her. She stays with her other son most all the time and talks about him and his wife that hates her also all the time. She is nice to our kids and they love her but we both hate her. We both love his aunt and uncle that also don't like that my MIL made my H move away from them to go with her when she came to the states. My FIL divorced her before she moved my H to the states. We have met him but he isn't in my H's life and isn't interested in it so we don't talk to him ever. Sorry this is so long but I just really don't like her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjeske
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Nope! My husband warned me that his mom and sisters are crazy. I didn't believe him at first til we got engaged. I have two boys from a previous marriage and now my husband and I just had a son. My dh parents are divorced and have been for over 20 years but we aren't allowed to invite him to things if we want mil and step dad and sibling to come. I think that is bs and so does my husband. Any time my mil asks for family photos my older two sons and I are never in the picture. My dh and new ds are. Yet she says I'm the one causing problems and my dh should divorce me for talking bad about her. I haven't til now because I'm sick of her crap. She sent a letter to the tech 14 years ago pretending to be my dh and unrolled him from the collage. When we got married we had to tell the places that we will cancel in person and not through letters or over the phone. We just has ds baptism and his mom and sils never came. Their excuse was we didn't write her name on the envelope. My dh put the last name and family. Sorry I could write a book and my friends say it could be a lifetime movie.

mrsfitz05
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM
My mil is deceased but I loved her. I get along fine with the others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami_april
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I have tried to get along with my MIL and SIL for 10 years now and nothing i do or say helps. I am like the black plague to them, not worth their time. It breaks my heart that they do not like me, I have tried everything. And i am really getting tired of trying. Maybe one day everything will work out but i seriously doubt it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)