Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

OMG his mother

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

what  do   you  do  when  your  MIL  wants  so  bad  to  be  number  one in your  husbands  life  that  she  started  hurting  herself.   Just  to  get  the  attention  off  you  and  all on herself.  She  startes  to lie  and always  crying  when  she  dont  have  all  his  attention.  She  do  little  things  that  makes  no  one  in the family  want  to have  anything  to  do  with  her.  Thats  Her  side  my  family  loves  her  and  helps  us  take  care  of  her.  Her  side  of  the  family  only  miss  with  her  when  its  helping  them  out.  I  have  been  told  by her  and  her  RN that  comes  out   to  my  home  that  the  way  we  are  with  her  is  the  best  she  has  had it  in  a very  long  time and  i  also  her  home  aide tell   i   got  fed  the  hell  up.  So  he  has  to  do  it all  on  his  own.  His  overhelmed  so  i  try  to  help  but  she  is  just  to much  even  he has  asked  her  stop  acting  like  she  do  are  he  will send  her  back  to  a  home.    I  dont  belive  that  and  i think  she  knows  that

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
purple899
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
She can't do that she has to understand he has to be there for both of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

What's wrong with the facility option?  Was it bad or something? 

nangel4u
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I am in the exact same situation that you are in. I am a home health aide for my mil and I take care of her and do things for her that her own children wont even do for her, but they want to go off and run to my job and to the state saying that I dont take care for her and Im not doing my job right....mind you......I left my job that was paying really well to come here and get paid less and have this drama all around me. I am here not for the money but so that she can have better care and make sure she is living happy even with her going through chemo therapy, me and hubby are there with her and her kids are no where to be found!!!

Deannie1258
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:08 PM
My problem with my husbands mom is when we have a problem he will go to her for advice first before discuesing it with me.i love his mom dearly but i think if we have an issue he should come to me first before going to her.Me and his mom have a great relationship dont get me wrong. This is just a small issue that bugs me a bit.Good luck sweetie. Deannie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yes_maam
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Then  yes  you  do  understand.   I  too  have left  not  one  but  to  damn  good  jobs  i  walked  away  from  all  for  her.  They  had  her  in  NH  before but  they  made  her  feel like  she  was  less  then  nothing.   She  got  really  sick  and end  up  in  a hospital so  before  she  left  the  hospital  i  told  him  i  would  help  with  her.   She  came  to  are  home  and  she  has  been  a  pain  no  one  takes  care  of  her  like  i  was  and  it  was  not  about  the  money  for  me  but  i  do  and  will  get  respect.  She  calls her  family and lie   just  to  get  his  attention

Loving Mom Of Two

Yes_maam
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Deannie1258:

My problem with my husbands mom is when we have a problem he will go to her for advice first before discuesing it with me.i love his mom dearly but i think if we have an issue he should come to me first before going to her.Me and his mom have a great relationship dont get me wrong. This is just a small issue that bugs me a bit.Good luck sweetie. Deannie

Trust  me  i   love  her   too   but   she   making   me  want  to  walk  away  from the  both  of  them.   Dont  get  me  wrong  our  relationship   could  be  good  but  i  should  have  to  make  myself  like  her  it's  crazy

Loving Mom Of Two

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)