Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do you ever feel like..

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
You're a team with your husband or so? I miss the honeymoon lovers stage even though he is the sexiest man to me and still has "it". Some times I feel like a team, or like we are both just working towards a better life? How do you keep that fresh young love? (PS we have a 13 month old so that can kill the mood :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momsince1989
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are definately a team. He is always grabbing my butt lol, we tell each other compliments all the time, still hold hands in the car or on walks with the kids. My favorite thing to do is to walk up behind him and lay my head on his back and hug him, he always turns around and squeezes me :) We have a long way to go in forever but it's day by day and just remember don't let a moment pass where you forget why you married that man in the first place.

I know about kids being mood killers lol. We have 4 kids ages 8, 4, 3, 18 mo but we still find time to enjoy each other. It just takes a little more dedication and creativity :)

Mrs.Hansen2011
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Just start doing more things you used to do. Like a date nite or something to start bringing back the spark :)

MooreBoysMama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Sex everyday NO MATTER what. Even if you don't feel like it. You will feel like a couple and look toward to it & want sex everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM

We've always felt like a team.... at the same time, we are still hot for each other too.    A couple should be a team but that doesn't mean they have to lose their spark.

Make sure to make time for each other.  Date night in?  Candles, music, etc...

fostermomoftwo
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

lol dont ask me..... we've been married for 6 months and anyone around us gets grossed out. LOL.

Mry
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I hope That never changes :-)

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

lol dont ask me..... we've been married for 6 months and anyone around us gets grossed out. LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I like the place my husband and I are, we are a solid team and the love is solid. I like how it feels now, we always say it is us against the world. We have been married 15 years at the end of the month.

Mry
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM
That's truly amazing 15 years. Any words of advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeonit
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM
We are a team :) I love that we can tap out when the kids are throwing a fit! He will come into the room mid freak out, reinforce what I've said in a stern male voice, and smooth it all over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh and I have been married 24 years (together 26).  I think part of keeping love fresh is not allowing myself to dwell on stupid little things that might annoy me, but to instead remind myself of all the little things he does to make me happy (like making my coffee for me every morning, being super quiet when he gets ready for work so I can sleep, being an amazing dad, etc...).  Then I try to make sure I let him know how much I appreciate him.  I send him texts, or leave him a note, or send him an e-mail at work to tell him I love him and appreciate something about him.  He does the same for me.  He has gone on business trips and left little notes in different places for me.

But one of the HUGE things that keeps love in a marriage is handling disagreements by "fighting fair."  That means loving each other and respecting each other enough to never want to purposely hurt each other, to stick to the issue, to walk away and take a break if too angry to be rational or kind, to never call each other names or say mean things because they can't be taken back, and once something is forgiven, letting it go and not bringing it up again (ever). 

Of course, all of the marriage advice in the world is of no benefit if we don't choose well to begin with.  A happy marriage starts with choosing the right partner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)