Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

2nd (or 3rd) wedding ideas?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Don't judge me... but I'm heading into my 3rd marriage.  My first lasted less than a year (he was abusive), my 2nd lasted 7 years and we have a daughter together and after being divorced for three years, I met an amazing amazing amazing man who also has a daughter whom he has full custody of.  Anywho, we're getting married next summer and I don't want a "regular" wedding, just something simple.  But I have NO IDEAS about what to do.  What did you all do?

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrgetinold
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Not judging ! My sil is one her third marriage first was a cheating creep, dh 2 i think she used him to get out of living with her folks it lasted less then 3 yrs! With this last wedding we went over for thanksgiving shesaid we went to the courthouse and signed the papers! (Thank god at wedding 2 she was a nasty bridezilla) i say you have whatever simple wedding you and your almost dh want to have hon ( shot look what kim kardashian did for wedding 2lol, its still both of your day you celebrate! Congrats and hugs and best wishes
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Beach.  Barefoot on the breach in a simple, flowy dress.  

Vegas?  :oP

Backyard wedding?  

Anything simple, not too over the top, very relaxed and comfortable.  

And try to think of some ways to work your daughter into the ceremony.

Also, and I mean this without a snarky bone to it, I promise ... but maybe look into premarital counseling beforehand as well?  Wedding planning is fun but it's the marriage that really needs to be figured out.  Not judging, just suggesting, I think it's a good idea for anyone.

-StarsChildren-
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Ideas? Have family or friends handle the video taping and photos. If you got someone who can make a cake and decorate it, let them do it, it will save a lot of money. Dress simple because the last thing you want is to break out sweating getting in and out of a flamboyant dress. Do it at a park or in your backyard. Invite a few people the wedding and replay the video at the reception so everyone else gets to see it to on one of them projector screens.

How I did it?

1st wedding I planned, huge (never got married). 2nd wedding I planned was moved ahead a month to accommodate my brother who was in town and was dying of cancer, threw it together in less than a week (got a dress, had a brother take video, other siblings take photos, a brother decorate my cake for me with my moms help, wore jeans and a dress shirt, got married on the back porch)...that lasted 6 months, a month being married, 2 months of the ex living with his mother and cheating on me, and 3 months getting the divorce. My last wedding, wasn't planned...spur of the moment...grabbed the dress, ran off, got married with DH, me and DH's two best friends and his family priest. I have also planned a friends wedding, who ended up not getting married. All in all, I think the more simpler the wedding, the more intimate it is.

ittyprincess604
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Definitely something smaller. I like the beach idea. Or a park. You could do it in your own home, like back yard, or even inside depending on the size of your home. 

LuLuThatsWho
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Something fairly private.  

Beaches are nice.  Destination wedding?  My cousin just had a second wedding on a cruise.  Only about 10 other people went.  She didn't want to make a big deal out of it since she had a large, formal first wedding.  A local garden, park, or historical site is nice and makes beautiful photos.

LiesLiesLies
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
No judgements here!

I was married twice by 24! If I ever get married again (which I doubt) it will be number 3 and I just turned 29.

I would do something simple...beach barefoot, cabin/mountain top, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would probably do mountains, overlooking a lake or something.  Since you have been married twice, maybe write vows specifically to each other so it's not like your other weddings.  I would think you would want it to be totally different.  I've also seen where the step-parents make vows to the kids, and that is really touching.  I've even seen where the kids get a locket, necklace, earrrings, or some special symbol of the fact that they've been included in the family bond. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN