Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you have children with an ex..

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 18 Replies
How is your relationship with them now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM
we have not heard from him in two yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I'm lucky that my ex husband and I never procreated!!  I don't think I could have remained on good terms with him, ever.

dingysfamily
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Do you mean the ex?  I'm guessing that's who you mean.  My ex was always involved with our son, and still is ... sometimes a lot more than our 40-yr old son would like; the man drives him up the wall frequently.  

My dh also was always very involved in his children's life ... I was also.  

Because my ex being veryinvolved & dh's kids living (for the most part, technically at least) with his ex ... it meant we had a lot of contact with them both.  We had problems from time to time with them, they are both people hat like to 'control' and have their way; but we always put the kids first and more often than not we would bite the bullet for the kids.  But neither of us let them walk on us & we were always there for the kids when needed .. at times there were times when we had to stand up to the ex's for something because they were both all about themselves a lot of the time.  Now that the kids are all grown, with families of their own, our contact with the ex's is minimual; especially his - she has moved out of state (much to our dil's dismay b/c she's closer to youngest son & family) ... my ex we tend to see a good bit more b/c our son lives right near us & is included in family events.  We've always done that.

LaceNBklyn
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
:-( sorry to hear

Quoting justpeachy71904:

we have not heard from him in two yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylersmommy
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a good one with my sons father and his wife and their daughter! We've always all got along for as long as they have been together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

It's a lot better now. We had a lot of problems with him when we first separated and until our son was about 2 years old (we seperated when he was 3 months old). There was lots of drugs, alcohol, etc..so we kept a close eye on him. He also had a crazy ex who started stalking and threatening my son adn I. But now he's had a girlfriend for about 2 years now who is awesome. They've been great with our son..and they have a 1 year old son of their own together. I actually sent them thank you cards awhile back for turning things around.

tnt1014
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM
He's been gone for 14 years and I couldn't care less. The last time he saw my daughter she was 15 months old she 15 years old now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofthree929
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:18 PM

He sometimes calls on birthdays and when his mom is here and makes him talk to them. We haven't seen him in almost 7 years.

ittyprincess604
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM

well, my sons father has passed. But before he did, our "friendship" fluctuated. Sometimes wed be perfectly fine, getting along, then the next ready to beat eachother. 

HisPeach
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 1:57 PM
We don't talk @ all. Nor is he apart of our daughters life. Though my daughter often ask questions...I keep it 110% positive. I also allow her to keep his picture on her nightstand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)