Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you still live in the same state/ town where you grew up?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM
  • 121 Replies
If not, why did you leave? If yes, why did you stay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2threebbz
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM

No. I grew up in Maine in a town of less than 1000 people. I moved a few times since then but always the same state. Last year my husband and I packed up our house and family and moved to Massachusetts. Best decision we ever made!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM

No. Not even close. I grew up just outside of Seattle and now live in the middle of nowhere Virginia!

MrsNewman
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM
yes. wouldnt livw anywhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarletlolita76
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I moved away about three years ago, bit we will be moving back next week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM
I live 16hrs from my home town. I just knew I didn't belong in that small country town where everyone knows everyone and everyone in your business. I also knew I didn't want to live where we had long cold winters and piles of snow. There just wasn't any opportunity where I'm from and I want more for my children, if they want to do anything they want they now can because they offer so much more here. I love being in the city it's not to big of a city and there's so much to do,we still have the seasons! I don't every regret moving away :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Emily on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM
We live like 2 miles from my dads house and 1 mile from my in-laws lol. We stay cause my parents and dh parents are very close to us and we have no real reason or desire to leave plus we can't afford to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM
I'm from Maine. Fryeburg. What part did you live? I had to get out of there too. We moved to NC about 2 1/2 years ago and are so happy we moved. I have family in Massachusetts. My father lives there. Maine is a beautiful place to visit but not to live!

Quoting mom2threebbz:

No. I grew up in Maine in a town of less than 1000 people. I moved a few times since then but always the same state. Last year my husband and I packed up our house and family and moved to Massachusetts. Best decision we ever made!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Is it your first time moving away from home?

Quoting scarletlolita76:

I moved away about three years ago, bit we will be moving back next week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM
That's cool :)

Quoting deadlights86:

We live like 2 miles from my dads house and 1 mile from my in-laws lol. We stay cause my parents and dh parents are very close to us and we have no real reason or desire to leave plus we can't afford to leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I do. I just like it here. I have never lived anywhere else. It's a good place to be with very, very little crime. It's safe and small and I think a good place to raise your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN