Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Vow Renewal

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 16 Replies
This is kind of a spinoff to the eloping post. I always wanted to go to Vegas and have a small, immediate and a few close friends. My mom and mil convinced me to have a full wedding. I'm glad I did, I don't regret it at all. But, I would still like to have that wedding some day. So, that post got me thinking about vow renewals.

I would love to do it in Vegas and have one. Maybe for our 25th, both our kids will be over 21.

Have any of you ever done one? What year did you do it on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

No but our first wedding I really wanted to do a Vegas wedding! But we'll be hitting our 20th wedding anniversary in 4yrs. so maybe we'll do it then!

JustShawna
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I have not done one, but we are talking about renewing for our 20th, which is four years. :D We are probably going to go hibernate for two weeks in the Pocono Mountains. :)

beeky
by Alexandra on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

We are re-newing our vows next summer for our 25th.  We seriously considered a Vegas wedding but decided against it because most of the guests probably won't want the expense of travelling.

We will do it in Montreal where most of our guests live.  I've already got the place picked out.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I would like to a vow renewal one day.

elizabg
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

We are planning on getting married in April.  We will not be having a vow renewal.  These are consumerism at its finest.  I don't see the point of getting married more than once and blowing a bunch of money on one night.  

carakitty
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:11 AM

My DH + I haven't done a vow renewal. I wanted a "big" pretty ring instead ;) but one of my friends did for thier 10th, because they never got to have a wedding and reception in the first place like they had intended to. All they had origianally was a JP wedding, and the DH was recovering from major dental surgery from the prior day too! =( Then the insanities of military life made it so their schedules could never mesh up.

Their renewal ceremony was awesome and beautiful. Their daughter was the flower girl and their son was the ring bearer. The ceremony was at a hotel in Hawaii with tons of ocean views and they both looked as happy as I imagine they did on the day of the JP wedding.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:36 AM
We did one on our 5th for certain health reasons. We had a destination wedding with our first one and it was just us and our parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, We just did ours for our 10 year. After all that we had been through with our kids (Both have Down Syndrome, one went through 6yrs of cancer treatments and the other had open heart surgery along with other surgeries) we made it. We had to celebrate! 

seezieq
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I think we may do a destination very secluded and intimate just us and the kids. We havent decided yet if we would invite close fam mom dads brothers etc. because with that comes sil's neices nephews etc. And this time I really just want us to focus on our life together thus far and to come. idk if it would be 10 or 15 years which makes a big difference on who may be there.

JadsW
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM
We were going to renew our vows in Vegas on our 10th. We went to Vegas, that year, but didn't renew our vows because it ended up being way more expensive than we thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN