Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

first home

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I move into my own home in about two weeks and I just wanted your opinions on the must have things to buy for a new home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hmmm. Pretty much everything if you've never lived on your own before.

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Awww like first time buying? Or first time living on your own?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sokolowski
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM
both!!!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Awww like first time buying? Or first time living on your own?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Oh wow. You need a lot of stuff. Um everything. Go room by room and make a list on paper. Kitchen , bath, etc. Easiest way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! Get a plunger and a stepstool,and some shelf paper.Keep a list handy to add to what you need,Craigs list is great if you're on a budget.

feliciamo
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Dont forget basic tools and a lawn mower and yard tools if u guys don't have any of that stuff. Congrats!
nebcutie
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Trash can, toliet paper, cleaning supplies, paper plates and other disposable eating stuff are always my new home gifts. Oh and a candle and air freashener.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM

... also, have a housewarming party, but tell everyone it is a bring a dish party. my mom did this for me. not only did we have great food for a few days after, the dishes/ plates/cups etc were all left at the house so we didnt need new right away. i think mom put it on the invite, and my family had plenty of mismatched cooking/ baking/dining sets and things they were happy to be rid of

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM
When we bought our house we had all the eesentials for apt living... we had to go buy lightbulbs, and a dryer vent hose, furnace filter. I cant rememeber anything else. We had all the furnishing we needed. Tools r important for putting stuff together. Lawn mower can wait. With fall coming u probably will need a rake before u need a mower. And a shovel for snow if u get snow where u are. Good luck! We had all our appliances in our house. Do ya have urs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Quoting Lindalou907:

Congratulations! Get a plunger and a stepstool,and some shelf paper.Keep a list handy to add to what you need,Craigs list is great if you're on a budget.

I was going to say plunger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN