Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

UPDATE: What would you do if.....?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 49 Replies

Today/Tonight I walked into my room and after a while of waiting for DH to come to bed, I went to find him. After searching everywhere I finally heard some faint noises coming from the back porch. I walked outside and was shocked to see DH just sitting there bawling. A few minutes later of hugging him, he stopped crying and got up in almost robot like motions. He ignored all of my questions and just continued into the house. He walked upstairs to the room and sat on the bed. He still ignored me. Then he just rolled over and fell asleep. He woke up a few minutes ago and he still isnt talking. Just sitting on the couch, watching TV. He has this really desolate look in his eyes....he looks exhausted, which doesnt make sense since he went to bed.

My question is, what should I do?

Update:

Ok, not sure how to explain what happened. He woke up this morning after sleeping on the couch. He barely talked to me at all, in these weird, jerky sentences. He went to work, as usual, at 3 am. He gets off of work at around twelve-ish. Anyways, it takes him half an hour to get home. At about 12:30 he still wasnt home. I waited until  2:00. I called his boss and learned that he (my DH) wasnt feeling well. He tried to continue working, but after a while he had some sort of mental breakdown. His boss called 911 and they took him to the hospital.

After some digging around, I found out what hospital it was. I finally visited him about 5 hours ago, sadly I couldnt stay longer due to the kids. They dont have a final diagnoses yet, so until further notice he is staying in the phsych wing. He is really confused. He's talking now (thank god), but strangely he doesnt remember what happened.

Well, until further notice this is all I have to update on.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I would assume something really bad happened like he lost his job ? I hope he opens up to you. Whatever it is that has him so upset I hope you 2 can work it out.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I would ask him if he is alright and if he needs space.  I would be worried that there is something terribly wrong, but at the same time, I understand that he might not be ready to talk about it.

Mama2ETA
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, Im one to press and get answers out. Don't do it. It never ends well. Im working on patience. Try to understand, ask him if he needs space or if he'd like you to just sit with him. 

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Sep. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
:( just be patient. Whatever it is, he's not ready to talk about it. I would be wondering though so I don't blame you for wanting to get it out of him. Hope everything is okay!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Just be patient. I hope everything is ok?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Opie99
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM
This is going to sound odd but are you sure he's awake? Both my brother and I have done some odd things while sleeping like walking, talking, whistling, making food, unlocking doors and wandering the neighborhood. So maybe make sure he's awake first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Quoting anotherandree:

I would ask him if he is alright and if he needs space.  I would be worried that there is something terribly wrong, but at the same time, I understand that he might not be ready to talk about it.

beeky
by Alexandra on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM

I was thinking the same thing.  It sounds like he was sleep walking.

Quoting Opie99:

This is going to sound odd but are you sure he's awake? Both my brother and I have done some odd things while sleeping like walking, talking, whistling, making food, unlocking doors and wandering the neighborhood. So maybe make sure he's awake first.

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Yes. The edit button.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Just let him know u are there for him when he is ready to talk. Just don't push him cause it could lead to him exploding on u And yes u update with the edit button
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)