Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How often do you spend time with your DH?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
  • 22 Replies

I've noticed that I spend a ton of time at home with my husband or I only go out when he wants to go out. It's a bit awkward to spend time alone these days. I have been out with friends a few times, but not that much because they are usually busy with school, work, and their SO's. Is this unhealthy for me to be spending so much time with my husband? It's so weird if I hang out by myself without anyone to talk to.

Rose <3 Hugo 02/24/2011

Marguerite 02/02/2011

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hiddensoul
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Your lucky I wish I could have alone time with my DH I have not had alone time with him in 5 or 6 months. I don't see him that often because he works 1600+ miles away from home for 2 to 8wks at a time and is only home
For 2wks at a time. I only wish we could alone time, date nights things like that ): oh well I guess that's just life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K9LEOWifeMomto4
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We try to have alone time at least once a week. If nothing else I strive to spend a little while every day to at least talk with him to catch up on the last "X" amount of hours. He works nights and the kids and I are up all day. We try to do date night at least once every 4 to 6 weeks. Do we get as much as we want? Not by a long shot! We just try to make the best of the time we do find!!

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Aside from when he's gone on business trips, we are together 24/7

mommyto3bees
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Everyday!?
TS9509
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
When I'm not at work or he's not at work we are together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDavis3
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I spend a TON of time with my husband! :-) We both work the same shift (mon-fri day shift), so we are together every evening. We also spend the whole wknd together. We go out to dinner, go to movies, go out to the bar a couple times a month...etc. There are times here and there when I will do something with my friends, but most of the time he is with me, and I love it! When we aren't together, I miss him and he misses me. It is nice to have our independent time as well, but we balance it out pretty well.

To answer your question, I personally don't think it's unhealthy. There are a lot of couples out there that don't get a lot of time with their SO, and I bet they wish they did. So, I consider myself lucky to be with a man who I'm do compatible with. He's like my best friend do of course I love all my time with him. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyg97
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I spend way too much time with my dh! I used to say he was my best friend, until I realized how insane that is because I would never get mad at my friend for checking out another woman or for not understanding pms ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Were together around the house when he gets off work or his days off and all night. I live it. We may not be "alone" cause of the kids but having him around at all is wonderful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BSisk11
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

We do not spend as much time as I would like.. He works 50-60 hours a week, 6 days a week. Only day we have together is Sunday! He takes online classes as well. I am a fulltime housewife/mom.. Constantly busy with 2 kids, their activities and we are expecting another child in less then 3 weeks! 

But, we try to spend time together, we text each other constantly through-out the day! We have good communication even though our schedules right now are a bit hectic! 

bookworm14
by Mandy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM
We spend a lot of time together, watching our favorite shows in the evenings and family time on the weekends. I don't see my friends anywhere near as much as I want to, or family for that matter, but we're all busy. I often find that when I'm hanging out with friends or something, I can't wait to get home. I like being there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)