Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

"I knew I loved him when..." ETA

Posted by   + Show Post
Ladies, I never expected this kind of response to this post. I wrote it st 3am when i couldn't sleep and was laying in bed watching df sleep. Something just hit me that i was SO lucky to have an amazing man in my life. :-) i think sometimes, life gets in the way and we forget to count our blessings. I want to hear more stories! I'm trying to reply to everyone but if I miss you, I'm sorry. It doesn't mean it's any less important!

So, what is one thing that your dh/so did or one thing you noticed about your relationship from the beginning that made you realize he might be "the one"?
For me, it was the first time we shared a bed. Lol I know that sounds strange but, before DF, I HATED sleeping with anyone/anything in the bed with me. It's been that way since I was a kid. I even hated the 5 years of sharing a bed with my ex. I'd almost always end up on the couch. But, with him, I fell asleep quickly and comfortably and was never bothered by his presence. In fact, we've been together just over 2 years and the only times I've slept on the couch is when I was VERY pregnant with our twins and it was the only comfortable place.

So, what are some of your "awww" moments, when you knew it meant to be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Replies (71-80):
scarletlolita76
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk that it was anything specific, we have both said that we fell in love with each other the day we met. 9 1/2 years later we're still together and still going strong :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM
He excepted and helped raise my kids right away
PaganMomma40
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
When he told me I literally saved his life, and I was the best woman he's ever known.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

When he did a dare for me on our first date! It was so silly and I knew right then and there that I could always be myself with him, and that he was comfortable enough with me to do the same.

Brookesmommy611
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
When I said I was moving back to pa from Texas and he said " if you go I'll fly up and find you!" 2 weeks later we found out we were 9 weeks pregnant. Needless to say we are married now and have a beautiful 1 year old. I fall in love with him over and over more and more each day. Right now he's home with our dog and I'm with our dd in pa for a funeral. He's been so good about not being around his girls even though it's rough on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmjdj
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

SO doesn't say much but when he does he makes sure you know he's serious (gets my attention, looks me directly in they eye, speaks clearly, etc.)  One night he had his daughter but was going to have to work so he needed to go to bed early.  She was 14 at the time and I only have boys so I didn't really know what to do, but I stayed over at his house with her and we baked cookies and stuff.  When he went to bed, I went in there to tell him goodnight and he told me "thank you."  When I asked what for he told me "for baking cookies with her and for being with me." 

Typing it out doesn't make it look nearly as good as it was for real, but I never knew thank you could be so powerful and moving...but the way he said it truly was.  I was hooked...truth is I had loved him for a while, but this made me realize I couldn't deny it anymore.

cherylam
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

we met online and talked both online and on the phone for a few weeks.  My son, his wife and I all drove to my future DH's house.  As soon as we pulled in, he ran out gave me the biggest hug, ever and shook my sons hand ( he was 31).  John then showed me the house, the barn, the fields, his garden... and I just knew, this was where I was supposed to be.  We only stayed half an hour, and I told my son if he called or emailed, then I knew he was serious.  we got home, and he had emailed me a few minutes after we left, telling me how much he really liked us and wanted to get to know me.  We married 5 1/2 weeks later, in his dining room!

scoleman828
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM
5 1/2 weeks? Wow! That's awesome. :-) congrats

Quoting cherylam:

we met online and talked both online and on the phone for a few weeks.  My son, his wife and I all drove to my future DH's house.  As soon as we pulled in, he ran out gave me the biggest hug, ever and shook my sons hand ( he was 31).  John then showed me the house, the barn, the fields, his garden... and I just knew, this was where I was supposed to be.  We only stayed half an hour, and I told my son if he called or emailed, then I knew he was serious.  we got home, and he had emailed me a few minutes after we left, telling me how much he really liked us and wanted to get to know me.  We married 5 1/2 weeks later, in his dining room!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM
My DF is the same way - if he says something, he means it. I know exactly what you mean. :-) it's harder to find someone perfect for you when you have kids and it sounds like you guys are great for each other.

Quoting jmjdj:

SO doesn't say much but when he does he makes sure you know he's serious (gets my attention, looks me directly in they eye, speaks clearly, etc.)  One night he had his daughter but was going to have to work so he needed to go to bed early.  She was 14 at the time and I only have boys so I didn't really know what to do, but I stayed over at his house with her and we baked cookies and stuff.  When he went to bed, I went in there to tell him goodnight and he told me "thank you."  When I asked what for he told me "for baking cookies with her and for being with me." 

Typing it out doesn't make it look nearly as good as it was for real, but I never knew thank you could be so powerful and moving...but the way he said it truly was.  I was hooked...truth is I had loved him for a while, but this made me realize I couldn't deny it anymore.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scoleman828
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I think that is the most important thing when you have kids! :-)

Quoting mommyto3bees:

He excepted and helped raise my kids right away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN