Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you have a traditional wedding?

Posted by   + Show Post

wedding

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Replies (51-59):
Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Trica on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I wanted a Vegas wedding&to be done! My mom made us have an reception I wanted to do the Chapel and head to Seattle for the night! We had an small recpetion at my parents home. 4 years later we did a big wedding none of his family saw us got married the first time around! My parents got offended they seem to think the first time around was good enough! But we wanted white dress, tux the whole thing! Once they saw all together they understood!

Quoting Bubbie0809:

Yes, I wanted something non traditonal and casual- but my mom kind of took over (I was 20 and didn't really have any clue how to plan a wedding).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Nope, we more or less eloped in HI; beach wedding with just us, our son, and his parents ♥  Loved it.

LoriAnn87
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM

nope

CafeMom Tickers

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM

No.

We got married spur of the moment, in my parent's living room.

We waited nearly 10 years for our vow renewal, so we could have all the traditionally wedding things, like the dress, the cake, the aisle, the guests, the party, etc. 

But I kept it all very casual and rustic.  

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:02 PM

the 20th is the hand-fasting anniversary of my good friend.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM

original wedding in las vegas, off strip. 10 yrs later, renewal of vows in a church with family, friends and our 18 month old was the flower girl. she carried 1 sprig of baby's breath,

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
Sarcasimom
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM
We had a short church ceremony because that's what dh and his parents wanted. I'm not religious at all but I didn't mind doing it for them either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandiekd21
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM

No. We had an outside park wedding, my friend married us, our kids (his DD, my DD and DS) were our flower girls and ring bearer, my sister was MOH and his best friend was BM.
It wasn't religious at all, we lit unity candles and after we kissed, we jumped over two small broomsticks.
We drank sparkling cider instead of chamagne, I didn't throw my bouquet, the kids got presents...
I think it was beautiful and eveybody had a good time.
I wrote our ceremony, too. SO it was very personal to us and very meaningful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)