Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What was your reason to be a SAHM?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM
  • 50 Replies
??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I never imagined I would be a SAHM. We moved 16hrs away from all friends and family and it just made sense for me to stay home rather then try to find a babysitter we could trust, not knowing anyone makes that more difficult. Me staying home helps save those expenseces of childcare. We do plan on putting DS in preschool a couple days a week for a few hours so that he can interact with other kids his age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

because my SO wants me to spend my time with my children..... He was raise... the women should stay home and take care of the house and the men provide for their family ..(i have no problem with that cause i have always the one to provide)..... im truly blessed :)

bcbmami
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM
My ds was 3 months early and I thought it would be better for me to stay at home with him. Plus, most daycares won't take a baby who was that premature and he didn't need the added risks of pnuemonia, RSV and other sicknesses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I havent worked since 04...we had ds in 07. Dh makes enough so I dont have to work but once dd is 4 and goes into PreK(4years from now) I will go back to school and or get a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamanay041010
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

for us it just worked hubby works and makes enough to support us

lipsis
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

My son was 3 months early, too. My pediatrician told me that from October to March, because of cold and flu season, he couldn't be enrolled in daycare. He gave me a note. (My ex-husband was trying to compel me to work for child support reasons.) I learned that technically we were eligible for disability if we could prove that I had intended to work. But I'd been on bedrest so long before he was born (my water broke a month before he was born), and then I was glued to that NICU for the longest time. Just having him out of the hospital was scary enough. I wouldn't have wanted to work. Plus, I pumped all his milk. And pumping is a way bigger time commitment than breastfeeding. It's really good that you stayed with him. THe neonatalogists said they don't know why, but preemie boys have "wimpier" lungs than the girls. They are even less tolerant of simple sicknesses the cause breathing obstructions (like a runny nose).

Quoting bcbmami:

My ds was 3 months early and I thought it would be better for me to stay at home with him. Plus, most daycares won't take a baby who was that premature and he didn't need the added risks of pnuemonia, RSV and other sicknesses.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
👍👍 me too :)

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

because my SO wants me to spend my time with my children..... He was raise... the women should stay home and take care of the house and the men provide for their family ..(i have no problem with that cause i have always the one to provide)..... im truly blessed :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I don't want to work. Dh doesn't want me to. It works for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyellis
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
my baby was born at 23 weeks and needs me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
You won't know what to do with yourself!! That's what I plan on doing soon.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

I havent worked since 04...we had ds in 07. Dh makes enough so I dont have to work but once dd is 4 and goes into PreK(4years from now) I will go back to school and or get a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)