Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

a total mama's boy

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
My husband is just that. I swear it makes me so damn mad at times. Especially when it cones to our personal lives and our kids. He will ask my advice on something and I will give it to him just for him to turn around 5 minutes later and call his mom to ask her. Even if she tells him the exact same thing I do its her that was right. And anything about our kids oh she knows everything. Something he would get highly pissed at my mom for doing, if she does it its perfectly fine. Even when our oldest was sick once he actually wanted me to wait til he called his mom to see what she would do. I told him to go to his moms and crawl up her ass if he really thought I was going to wait for someone else to tell me what I should do with my child. We have had so many arguments about this and he stopped for a while but its getting bad again. I'm not opposed to taking advice from people but as an adult you need to figure some things out on your own. But I'm the type if I want your advice ill ask for it. I don't call my mom everytime I need advice I go to my husband, and as his wife he should be coming to me NOT HIS MOM!
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sumannie
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM
My husbands the same way with his grandmother bc she raised him since he was little. I hate it too. I mean I understand that she raised him and all but damn its OUR kids that had and are taking care of not hers. I'm like that as well, If I have a question or something I'll come to you and ask you. My husband figures that since she had raised kids that she knows more but I dont complain too much.
shawn_jax_mom
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Quoting sumannie:

My husbands the same way with his grandmother bc she raised him since he was little. I hate it too. I mean I understand that she raised him and all but damn its OUR kids that had and are taking care of not hers. I'm like that as well, If I have a question or something I'll come to you and ask you. My husband figures that since she had raised kids that she knows more but I dont complain too much.

Yeah I don't know maybe its just our mommy instincts and since they don't have them they just feel more comfortable asking someone who's been there. Buy I guess it just kind of hurts me or makes me feel belittled or something, just the fact that he trusted me enough to marry me and have kids with me but he will take his moms word over mine.
Bradya
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I agree with you 100%. You guys need to figure things out together and he needs to stop calling his mom all the time.
sumannie
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Quoting shawn_jax_mom:

I know It bothers me a lot too but I just don't really say anything but hes going to do it anyway. He trusts me but when it comes to his grandmother she has more experience you know. And it is mothers instincts bc we had the children and its in our nature to take care of a child. The way I try to raise our kids I'm very proud of and when you have a kid you just know what to do and you try to get your husband feel that same feeling but a husband most of the time will go to their mother or even their father for further advice bc they know as well as we do only they are older and all. Just try not to let it bother you so much you know. Just kind of talk to him and try to get things sorted out. I hope this makes since.
*~My family one and only~*
ShannaBee
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I fully understand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)