Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

around for me but not for baby?? help!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 41 Replies
Sooo... ive always had feelings for this guys.. we've been "talking" for 5 yrs but we were never nothing official, now I'm 5mo prego w his baby. we still talk n try to stay friends -like what we were before i got pregnant, but he doesn't want anything to do with the kid. He already has kids n says he would love to be around for My lil one but he genuinely can't. hes super confused n drags me along w him plus he's always busy n doesn't really make time for me. should i even bother staying friends w the guy? It wasn't planned so i don't hold anything against him plus I still have feelings for him n it'd be nice to have that someone around even as friends or whatever ... :/ help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:51 AM
3 moms liked this
No. just tell him that if he can't be there for both of you then he just needs to go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacobsmommy84
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM
6 moms liked this
It wasn't planned, so you're going to have to do it all on your own???
Since when did you knock yourself up?
You sound very sweet hun.... But dont let that turn you into an idiot.
He sounds pathetic. He may not have time for you, but make it very clear that he WILL make time for his child....
This isn't all about you and him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PollyPocket7
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:09 AM
3 moms liked this
You know, I read this once n I just remembered it.. "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.” -I can totally relate to that.

Thanks for that you guys.. guess i already know what i have to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Is he married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaularson91
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I was exactly in your situation, Do not keep this man around if he is unsure of what he wants or what to do.  All thats going to happen is alot of hurt feelings on your part. Give him a time period and tell him he HAS to figure out what he wants. If he doesnt do what you think he needs to do, let him go.

olivejuice2
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:38 AM
He doesn't make time for you and wants nothing to do with his kid. You know the answer already. Drop him.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I think for your own sanity you should move on.

PollyPocket7
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:52 AM
No his not

Quoting unsuspected:

Is he married?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:05 AM
It wasn't planned but it wasn't prevented so the not holding it against him excuse is bs. Too bad! he had a part in the making of this baby too. It's a damn shame yet another child is going to grow up without a parent because they weren't "planned".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting olivejuice2:

He doesn't make time for you and wants nothing to do with his kid. You know the answer already. Drop him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)