Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

around for me but not for baby?? help!

Posted by   + Show Post
Sooo... ive always had feelings for this guys.. we've been "talking" for 5 yrs but we were never nothing official, now I'm 5mo prego w his baby. we still talk n try to stay friends -like what we were before i got pregnant, but he doesn't want anything to do with the kid. He already has kids n says he would love to be around for My lil one but he genuinely can't. hes super confused n drags me along w him plus he's always busy n doesn't really make time for me. should i even bother staying friends w the guy? It wasn't planned so i don't hold anything against him plus I still have feelings for him n it'd be nice to have that someone around even as friends or whatever ... :/ help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
PollyPocket7
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Exactly! That's what i thought of when i agreed to be friends or whatever..

Quoting shoot4thestars:

I think I would start moving on from here.  I don't see why you couldn't be friends, but it doesn't look like you'll be as close as you once were. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenn75
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. WTF!
HE'S confused?!
He wants to be there for the kid BUT can't?!
If he didn't want another (or couldn't take care of) another kid he shouldn't have knocked you up!!
The time for that has passed... If he doesn't want to be a father to HIS KID. Fine. He shouldn't get a choice about supporting HIS KID though.,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this

WHY GOD??? WHY DO SMART PEOPLE KEEP DOING SUCH DUMB THINGS?????

PollyPocket7
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM
for the peeps saying u feel bad for this child.. I'm 22 years old, I have health ins which i pay for, I have a good job n i have already bought almost everything for my baby -crib dresser stroller car seat clothes dipers.. you name it! and was also brought up with good morals n knowing that i have to take care of my responsibilities so when he said i should get an abortion i told him to go to hell never wanted to see him again! We didn't talk for a couple months but then he came back around with the 'I wish i could be there, I wish it wasnt mine so me n u could still be friends' bs.

I know I'm gonna be a great mom n id go to the end of the world to make sure of it but i understand that my baby needs a male figure around -specially b/c I'm having boy n a good man would realize that n stick around financially, emotionally or something!

U guys made realize a different point of view which I really appreciate. Ill def take your advices n opinions into consideration b/c yes, my number one priority is my baby.

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all of this :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM

That is your choice weather you want to stay friends with him or not

PollyPocket7
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Well yeah of course, but I wanted some outsiders to share their opinion of whether i should or not..

Thanks!

Quoting Serenity7:

That is your choice weather you want to stay friends with him or not

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseMa
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Poster child post for 'fucking jesus christ, use protection'

HouseMa
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Good Morals don't include randomly sleeping with some dude without protection.

Quoting PollyPocket7:

for the peeps saying u feel bad for this child.. I'm 22 years old, I have health ins which i pay for, I have a good job n i have already bought almost everything for my baby -crib dresser stroller car seat clothes dipers.. you name it! and was also brought up with good morals n knowing that i have to take care of my responsibilities so when he said i should get an abortion i told him to go to hell never wanted to see him again! We didn't talk for a couple months but then he came back around with the 'I wish i could be there, I wish it wasnt mine so me n u could still be friends' bs.

I know I'm gonna be a great mom n id go to the end of the world to make sure of it but i understand that my baby needs a male figure around -specially b/c I'm having boy n a good man would realize that n stick around financially, emotionally or something!

U guys made realize a different point of view which I really appreciate. Ill def take your advices n opinions into consideration b/c yes, my number one priority is my baby.

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate all of this :-)

disnchntdwife
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Why so harsh??? Women come here for many reasons, being understood and to vent, for advice and fun. To be dogged out is not one of them! "Way to be supportive on CM" ......said no one.

Quoting HouseMa:

Poster child post for 'fucking jesus christ, use protection'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Gonna be honest here, sounds like you're one of those women who constantly bends over backwards and ruins their lives for male attention. Seek help. You need to grow a spine and learn to love yourself without the validation of a man's attention.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN