Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Birth Order

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 30 Replies

What birth order position are you and your DH/SO? How do you think that affects your relationship?

I'm the oldest in my family and DH is the youngest.  I think that probably has a lot to do with the amount of responsibility that I have regarding our finances and making household decisions.  The only thing that balances the power dynamics of our relationship is the fact that he's 10 years older than me and we both believe in fairly traditional gender roles.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepymommy87
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM
We're exactly the same. He has two older one younger and so do I. So we're very similar in how we communicate with people. We're both very assertive with our thoughts, but cautious in how our words might affect others, which I think comes from how we were raised having to be a big sibling/role model but still being treated like a baby by our older siblings lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I am the oldest of 10 with a mix of boys and girls where dh is the youngest of three boys. He is use to getting everything.he wants where I am the one with all the responsibility when it comes to the house and paying bills. He is laid back where.I am headstrong and feel that I need to fight for what I want. But it seems to work for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM

My dh is the 3rd of 4.  He has two older sisters and a younger brother.  He and his brother were little shits.  They used to wind his sister up so bad.  To this day he loves to tease and wind me up.  He does it to our daughters as well.

I'm an only child, so that makes me spoilt and pampered.  Good thing dh is good at that too or I would have strangled him years ago.

Snort!  3rd of 4 sounds like a Borg designation.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

LOL @ the Star Trek reference!

Quoting beeky:

My dh is the 3rd of 4.  He has two older sisters and a younger brother.  He and his brother were little shits.  They used to wind his sister up so bad.  To this day he loves to tease and wind me up.  He does it to our daughters as well.

I'm an only child, so that makes me spoilt and pampered.  Good thing dh is good at that too or I would have strangled him years ago.

Snort!  3rd of 4 sounds like a Borg designation.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

MommaOfFive440
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM
He is the oldest (has 2 younger siblings), I am the youngest (have 4 older siblings)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fostermomoftwo
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Im the oldest and hes the second to oldest. I never thought about how that would affect our relationship...

Megan11587
by Megan on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Dh is the oldest, and I'm a middle child.  He is definitely more confrontational than I am.  There are so many times where I have to tell him to calm down or to let something go.  He is also more of a control freak than I am.  I used to think I was bad, but once we got together I learned to pick my battles and let stuff go because it wasn't worth having an argument.

liz.1986
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We are both the oldest. Like a pp, I've never thought how that would effect our roles in our marriage.

dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM
We are both the oldest. He has 1 younger sister and I have 2 younger sisters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Im the oldest and hes the baby. It drives me crazy alot of the time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN