Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What birth order position are you and your DH/SO? How do you think that affects your relationship?

I'm the oldest in my family and DH is the youngest.  I think that probably has a lot to do with the amount of responsibility that I have regarding our finances and making household decisions.  The only thing that balances the power dynamics of our relationship is the fact that he's 10 years older than me and we both believe in fairly traditional gender roles.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
Docgirl2000
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My uncle calls my mom and her sisters the borg because they dress alike, talk alikd, watch the same shows, and buy the same things without ever telling each other first. Its trickling down to me and my cousins now. Lol

Quoting Babujai:

LOL @ the Star Trek reference!

Quoting beeky:

My dh is the 3rd of 4.  He has two older sisters and a younger brother.  He and his brother were little shits.  They used to wind his sister up so bad.  To this day he loves to tease and wind me up.  He does it to our daughters as well.

I'm an only child, so that makes me spoilt and pampered.  Good thing dh is good at that too or I would have strangled him years ago.

Snort!  3rd of 4 sounds like a Borg designation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennPearce
by Jenn! on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM
I'm the oldest of just my brother & I. Dh is the oldest of 2 full siblings & 1 half sibling. I've never really thought about this but it seems to work in our favor.
Metteba
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I have about 10 half brothers/sisters. My mother had an affair with a married man who already had 10 kids - to which yours truly was the product of...I think I'm the youngest of those 10 half brothers/sisters, but I'm the oldest of 4 brothers & 1 sister of my mother and her current husband. I dont have any full brothers or sisters all halfsies!!! (NOT KEWLL!!)

All in all my older half brother is like in his late 50s and my lil sister is 29.

My BF is the youngest of 4 brothers.- he's 39...LOL.  Horny parents on both sides...LOL.

momzking
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM

My dh  and I are both the eldest in our family 

DesireMM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

We are both the oldest and are only 41 days apart in age. And we both have 1 younger sister.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

We are both the oldest. I just know we are on the same page about most things and get along great and are bffs too. We both have leader rather than follower personalities as do 4 of our 5 kids (our child who has a follower personality is #4 of the 5) she is a sweetie pie peacemaker but not a leader persoanlity

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Titana
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I'm the oldest and he is the youngest. We are both 26. I take on more responsibility without thinking or needing to be asked or told. I just do it. He needs to be told and reminded a few times. But a lot of the issue with that is because his mother never disciplined him at all. If he didn't do what was asked she just did it herself and didn't say a word to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassandra1984
by Cassandra on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I'm the oldest and he's the youngest, I don't think it effects our relationship.

CMGorham
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I'm the oldest and DH is the youngest but he is also 5 years older than I am and had to take care of his older sister. So I don't think it effects our relationship at all.
pregnancy calendar
MamaJAG
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I am the oldest of 2, he is the youngest of 2.  He is more than 4 years younger than his brother, though, so he has the traits of an oldest child.  He is a born leader. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)