Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Df is frustrating me... swear he's on his period! *updated*

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

Fotta love when I point out how DF is wrong and I get yelled at and attitude.... want the cats to stop spraying on your clothes? Pick the damn clothes up off the damn floor and put them where they belong. And yes, breaking your dresser is the way to let out frustration.... UGH.... I'm so glad he's leaving for work today while I'm at the Dr's office. I'm so done with his attitude lately! Everything is my kids fault (not his biological kids), or my fault. He won't take responsibility for a damn thing.

UGH.... the past month has been stressful. I know he's stressed because he's looking for a job and we're planning the wedding but it's getting to the point where I want to just shake him and just tell him... stop the attitude or else!

Since someone pointed out that I said "Everything" when it comes to my kids being at fault.... I didn't mean it literally. Some of you understood that, apparently a couple didn't. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

I was pissed off and frustrated when I was typing it earlier because we just got into the arguement about the clothes being on the floor. I get why he's getting pissed about the cats spraying on his clothes, again, I would be too, but don't keep throwing the damn clothes on the floor and bitching about the cats doing it to just your clothes and not anyone elses.... you are the only one who is too lazy to throw your clothes into the clothes hamper.

For those saying he's abusive, to get out now, this isn't the man you should marry, blah blah blah. Trust me, I've been battered, abused, tormented, raped, etc. He's STRESSED!!!! Between job searching (Barely makes $8 an hour) for a better job, planning a wedding (he's taking an extremely active role in helping), trying to get to the bottom of the boys issues with their attitudes and disconnection due to their sperm donors not being around (we're going to counseling for this btw, so don't bring that up), $$$$ problems because I was sick for a month battling migraines so I couldn't work so he carried the burden the whole month and we're still playing catch up! The guy has a lot on his shoulders. Trust me. I know abusive. He's far from it.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have 120lbs to lose in 14 months....Can I do it by changing my diet and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iheartmycinco
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smilely08
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I thought you knew its never their fault always ours! And yes men do have periods my husband has his more than me! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grammajuie
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Does he complain to you about the kids or does he yell at them?  Remember, your kids come first.  If he doesn't treat them as a loving father, then it's time for him to go.  Don't let anyone damage your kids.  That damage lasts forever.

HouseMa
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

And you want to spend your life with some guy who breaks the dresser because he's mad?

I think that relationship needs to be thought about...before it's too late.

jac77
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I don't think he's acting unreasonable as you describe. Guess I'd have to know more about the kid part. But if my cat (& he's my baby) sprayed my clothes he'd be launched out the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My DF started getting really angry and breaking stuff, too.  That's how we found out he had high blood pressure.  So high, the Dr's office almost sent him to the ER.  After a few weeks on meds, he was back to being the laid back guy I fell in love with.  No more losing his temper and breaking things.  I told him, it's a good thing he knows how to fix stuff.  He doesn't have to be old to have HBP either.  I have taken care of patients with it, who were in their 20's.  Maybe he needs to go to the Dr?

Always.Lovely.
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Agreed! Marriage won't "change" him.

Quoting HouseMa:

And you want to spend your life with some guy who breaks the dresser because he's mad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

He doesn't yell at them unless it's absolutely necessary! Like when they are disrespecting me. They have become extremely disrespectful lately, won't do their chores, won't do their homework, etc. I'm at my wits end with their mouths and it's not just to me it's to everyone. My oldest (12) told a teacher the other day to fuck off because she was telling him he couldn't go do something because he had in school suspension for not doing his homework for 3 days. My kids have NEVER been this bad until this summer and DF and I have been together for 2 years so it's not because me and him are together.... we've been dating WAY longer and they've been fine until they were switched into different schools because of their grade levels and when we moved.

Quoting grammajuie:

Does he complain to you about the kids or does he yell at them?  Remember, your kids come first.  If he doesn't treat them as a loving father, then it's time for him to go.  Don't let anyone damage your kids.  That damage lasts forever.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have 120lbs to lose in 14 months....Can I do it by changing my diet and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM

The drawer wouldn't come out because he was being impatient and because instead of folding his clothes he jams everything in the drawers (nothing is even sorted, socks in whatever drawer, boxers in whatever drawer, etc) and then gets mad because the drawers won't open right. I've told him and have re-arranged the drawers to make them right and he just messes them up again... so I stopped. He breaks the dresser ehhh he'll be living out of garbage bags and have to learn. His mom agrees with me. His dad had to repair one of his dressers for the same thing when he was growing up because DF did the same thing when he was a teen.

Quoting HouseMa:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Oh I know he needs to go but he doesn't have insurance. I can't wait until he gets a new job that has it.

Quoting opal10161973:

My DF started getting really angry and breaking stuff, too.  That's how we found out he had high blood pressure.  So high, the Dr's office almost sent him to the ER.  After a few weeks on meds, he was back to being the laid back guy I fell in love with.  No more losing his temper and breaking things.  I told him, it's a good thing he knows how to fix stuff.  He doesn't have to be old to have HBP either.  I have taken care of patients with it, who were in their 20's.  Maybe he needs to go to the Dr?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN