Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

in your wedding did you...

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (71-75):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

We didn't do anything like that... but of the 2, I like the candle one better I think

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
We did candles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I am Christian and yes, we did a Unity candle during our ceremony. We will re-light it every year on our anniversary, which is traditional. 

LOVES67
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Yeah we did the Candle ceremony..

ymando
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The first time I got married we did the candle ceremony.  I've heard you're supposed to do it at each anniversary but we never did.  I like the colored sand idea because you can display it.  Like the candle, it's a constant reminder that you and your SO are intertwined forever.  The candle, however, cannot be lit all the time and it will eventually burn down and melt.  Hopefully, your marriage won't do the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN