Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

in your wedding did you...

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
chipperer1ca
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM
We had a beach wedding and did sand ceremony. It was beautiful. He had aqua sand and i had hot pink (our colors) and we found a really special bottle at Michael's (not a sand ceremony vase) and it was just meaningful and special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chipperer1ca
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

chipperer1ca
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Fabulous24
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:51 AM
We did a sand ceremony at our wedding. The sand was the color of our wedding colors. I kept it and It's in the jar we poured it in, at home by the window, with the glasses we used to pour.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

We did the candle ceremony. My sister had a beach wedding and did the sand ceremony. Hers was really neat because she doesn't have any biological children and her DH has two girls. So they included them in the sand pouring also- it turned out beautiful:)

pregnancy week by week
erienne06
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Nope we did the blessing of the rings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM
No neither!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
party_of_5
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM

We did the candles. Both of our mom's lit the small candles & we lit the joining as one candle.

aimesnyc
by Amy on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Nope.  I put the "wrote" the entire ceremony (put pieces together that I liked from the web), and we said our own vows.  The only extra we had was that we had the attendees read aloud a wedding blessing to us.  No other extras.  The ceremony was short and sweet. :)

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I've heard of the sand. I had an outdoor wedding and sand would have been a bad idea (wind). We did do the unity candle, but again, it was outdoors, so we didn't light the individual candles until it was time for the lighting of the unity one, and the unity candle did extinguish before the ceremony was over. But oh well, it's the symbolism that counts I guess! And we still have our unity candle proudly displayed, even 5 years later - not just sand can last forever!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)