Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

in your wedding did you...

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
edelweiss23
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:43 PM
We did sand.
Each of us had a different color(my girls from my first marriage, my husband and I).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We didn't do the candle ceremony and I've never heard of the sand ceremony.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:05 PM

We did a unity candle.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My dad did sand at his wedding, except he did it with me, my brother and his wife, symbolizing a new family coming together.  It was nice.

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

chelsea1401
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We did a sand ceremony.  I had 4 different colored sands... One that was for the daughter we share together, one for his son, one for him and one for me.  I put black sand in the bottom on the one main vase ( that sand is our lives before ) He poured half his sand ( describes who he is, hobbies, etc ) the kids poured their sand and I poured mine on top ( describes who I am ) then all four poured at one time blending our colors into 1.  I enjoyed doing the sand because it was an outside wedding and I was worried candles would keep blowing out.  Plus the kids could be apart of it. and I had it preserved so now its a table piece.  :)

tattdmom2prncss
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

i did the candle but I actually like the sand better, i just hadnt heard of it before my wedding.

TS9509
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I done the candle type and we have the candles displayed in nice candle holders in our glass cabinet in the living room. My sister done the sand kind and personally it looks awful! The colors clash and they didn't pour at the same pace so it's big chunks of the colors here and there then some mixed. I would say if you do sand do 2 colors that look nice together and maybe practice it some before hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Candle
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM
We did something with roses for our parents. I wish I could find it again. It was a surprise and really beautiful. A way to thank our parents for all they had done.
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

My ex dh and I did candles..but most of my friends who got married after me did the sand..VERY pretty especially outside. My cousin and his wife mixed black and red sand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN