Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

in your wedding did you...

Posted by   + Show Post
Do any sort of sand or candle ceremony? DF and i debated between ceremonies for awhile. If you don't know what they are, a candle light ceremony is where bride and groom take one candle each and use the flames to light a larger candle then extinguish their individual flames. A sand ceremony is where bride and groom have a container of colored sand each and pour it into a glass vase to where they mingle. I'm curious of other ceremonies people have done or if you think the candle or sand is better. I like the sand because you can keep the sand filled vase as a keepsake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM
We didn't do any of that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harream
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I did the candle but after watching my mom do the sand I kind of wished that's what we would of done. The candle is nice but a pain to dust if you try to keep it (ours is still in the original package!)

Cruise884
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:59 PM
We did the candle and still have it today.
mommyto3bees
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Yes sand
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

We did something similar to that and we loved ours.

We had a clear tall heart shaped vase with a wick attached to the bottom of it coming out the top (other than that it was empty)

We had me singing They will know we are family by our love (prerecorded and to the tune they will know we are christians by our love)

and while that song played, we had (colors chosen to match our bedroom)

1st we had our parents and siblings each pour little containers of black wax crystals bc they are our base and our foundation. We said this aloud during the ceremony so the meaning was known to all.

2nd we Me Todd and the minister who symbolized God poured in our white wax crystals bc we are the center of our marriage along with God.

3rd we had our 5 kids pour in their red wax crystals bc in everything we do for all of our lives we lift them up and above all things.

Then we each took a separate candle and lit that one and died our separate ones out and let the wedding family unity candle burn the rest of the ceremony.

Everyone thought it was very meaningful and beautiful and so did we.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM

We did candle

cherylam
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

first marriage we did the candle... second time we didn 't do anything but say the vows in our dining room.  We were given a unity candle and a Celtic base for my second marriage, but never used it, so I'm saving it for my grand daughter.

frzmamaof4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting mom_of_one_2010:

We did the candle thing

Tnoblin5
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I had a unity candle. My niece and her husband had the sand. I like both ceremonies :)
CJTC0911
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM
We did the sand! I love that I can display it in my house!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)