Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

the love dare updated 10/12

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (41-50):
manda-nicole010
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:11 AM
7 moms liked this

A bit cynical aren't you? And learn to spell please. 

Quoting Metteba:

Please, I did the 4 day-thing. Shit went down on a Tuesday and I told him you have until Saturday (4days) to move out anything left after that is going to my yard sale.  He's not into you no mo'.  Just let him go.  As a matter of fact leave your son with him and let your EX take care of him.  ((your prolly a SAHM, so my guess is you are sticking it out, cuz you have no place to go or life experience (job, skool, etc).

girlieofgod1
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I have done just a few days of it and have seen a difference . pray God blesses you.don't give up:)

Allie01
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I have heard great things about the book, but haven't tried it. We aren't having any problems right now but I am always trying to keep our bond strong! I really liked the 5 Love Languages!!

tbursac777
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO at "skool" LOL>.. did you go?

Quoting manda-nicole010:

A bit cynical aren't you? And learn to spell please. 

Quoting Metteba:

Please, I did the 4 day-thing. Shit went down on a Tuesday and I told him you have until Saturday (4days) to move out anything left after that is going to my yard sale.  He's not into you no mo'.  Just let him go.  As a matter of fact leave your son with him and let your EX take care of him.  ((your prolly a SAHM, so my guess is you are sticking it out, cuz you have no place to go or life experience (job, skool, etc).

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM

No, I've never tried it

cjsbmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

It will only work if he's open to it. If you really want to try it, give it two weeks. But if he's not responding, honestly, I wouldn't torture yourself. Ask him to go to counseling, but if he refuses, it might be time to call it a day.

CABZS
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Are you serious?  If you are this is why so many marriages fail!

Marriages hit rough patches, ruts & can be worked through for the most part.  But many just look elsewhere instead.

Also, I'm a SAHM w/job experience & education.  Not every sahm who wants to work on her marriage does so bc she is stuck, she does so bc she loves her husband & takes her vows seriously!

OP work on your marriag, marriages can be hard but if you can make it through your marriage can be stronger than ever.

If for some reason it doesn't work at least you know you tried & won't be doing "what if."

Quoting Metteba:

Greekmama21
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You are judging the OP when you can't bother to spell school or probably correct amongst other things? Pathetic... Yes, it is. 

Quoting Metteba:

JATomlinson
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I've got that book.  My husband wasn't interested in going through it with me either.  The point of the book though is to make a change in yourself and your life, and then possibly your spouse will see the change and will want to try to work things out.  He won't want to read the book until after he's already made that decision, and even then he might not, but he may have ideas of his own on how to work things out.  I got more out of the information the book gave me than the daily 'homework' because different people like different things.  You really should take a full day to think about what each day says and how to apply that to your life daily, not just on the day you read it.

Praying for you!

Praying

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I've not read the book, but from some of the previous comments it sounds a lot like Al-Anon...while the problem appears to be someone else the solution is to work on yourself.  Once you make changes in your life and thinking then you can honestly evaluate your relationship and figure out if it can still work.  Praying you find the answers you're looking for.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN