Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

the love dare updated 10/12

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
Tara2012
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM
4 moms liked this

its good that you are following it but is he...I just think that if you give all and he gives none then in the long run you wont be happy because you will be giving all to him and he doesnt give back. Good luck. I wish you the best. Just remember to make sure you are also happy, I think some women forget that in order to make their spouses happy.

Quoting haysyd:

Thank you. Today is day 2 kindness. I brought him a cup of coffee while he was getting ready for work. And only spoke nicely to him.

haysyd
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM
5 moms liked this

My husband and I have done the Love Dare twice, but honestly, it was "just for fun" - we weren't having any troubles, we just thought it would be fun to do. In our case, it was. We were able to talk about how we felt about each day and what the challenges were, what came easily, etc. For us, it was a great way to spend just a little extra time together focusing on the relationship.

I would go ahead and do it, and keep praying about it. The further along you get, the more noticeable the change will be in you. And that might be just the push your husband needs to put forth the effort as well. And I pray that you two will get to a place where you can do this Love Dare together "just for fun" and use it as a tool to spend more time together talking about each day.

I'd also like to recommend the book The Power of a Praying Wife. This book is especially written for the women who are alone in fighting for their marriage. For the women whose husbands want nothing to do with making things better. And I do believe, once again, that there will be a noticeable change that will be the kick in the pants he needs to start working with you. Then he can start reading The Power of a Praying Husband! The couple that prays for each other has each other forever! :)

haysyd
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Thank you for your kind words and I will look for the book the Power of a Praying Wife.

Quoting MomToovey:

My husband and I have done the Love Dare twice, but honestly, it was "just for fun" - we weren't having any troubles, we just thought it would be fun to do. In our case, it was. We were able to talk about how we felt about each day and what the challenges were, what came easily, etc. For us, it was a great way to spend just a little extra time together focusing on the relationship.

I would go ahead and do it, and keep praying about it. The further along you get, the more noticeable the change will be in you. And that might be just the push your husband needs to put forth the effort as well. And I pray that you two will get to a place where you can do this Love Dare together "just for fun" and use it as a tool to spend more time together talking about each day.

I'd also like to recommend the book The Power of a Praying Wife. This book is especially written for the women who are alone in fighting for their marriage. For the women whose husbands want nothing to do with making things better. And I do believe, once again, that there will be a noticeable change that will be the kick in the pants he needs to start working with you. Then he can start reading The Power of a Praying Husband! The couple that prays for each other has each other forever! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's great that you're trying it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:48 AM
2 moms liked this
If you do the challenge please keep us posted on how it goes..
Sabrina411
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Good luck I just ordered the book. I loved the movie and something that stuck out to me was this quite " it is difficult to demonstrate love when u feel little to no motivation. But love in its truest sense is not based on feelings. Rather love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward. You will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness. "
Good luck momma. You will be in my prayers <3

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM

We received the book at pre marriage counseling- definitely something to try. Good Luck:)

pregnancy week by week
milmomma2006
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My best friend left her husband and moved back home; they're military. He did the love dare and they are happier than they have ever been!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this
No I haven't? Have you tried good old fashion communication?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN