Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

the love dare updated 10/12

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (121-129):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

We seen the movie (even though we liked the movie Courageous better).  We have a great marriage so didntdo the dare.

If you reading the book and doing the dare doesnt work, maybe if he is willing to go you two could go on a marriage encounter weekend (google it for your area) I know people who went and raved on and on about how fun and special and helpful and meaningful and dramatically it changed and helped them. They said its romantic  and while you work on your marriage on the weekend, its romantic and has special and fun moments too. Everyone I know who has gone cant say enough good stuff about it.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

DJMOMOF2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM
What a terrible thing to say! I normally keep stuff to myself but geez yeah dump your husband and leave your kid great advice your why society is the way it is!!!!!!

Quoting Metteba:

Please, I did the 4 day-thing. Shit went down on a Tuesday and I told him you have until Saturday (4days) to move out anything left after that is going to my yard sale.  He's not into you no mo'.  Just let him go.  As a matter of fact leave your son with him and let your EX take care of him.  ((your prolly a SAHM, so my guess is you are sticking it out, cuz you have no place to go or life experience (job, skool, etc).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DJMOMOF2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I hope it works for you! Good luck girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TxBrandi
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My husband and I have been happily married for 15 years.  I've never read the book and vaguely remember watching the movie, but we always strive to say nice things and do nice things for each other.  Yes, sometimes marriage gets old, but i believe in "fake it till you make it".  When you do and say nice things, you can actually start to feel better towards each other.  One of the most basic relationship survival skills is to remember that everyone wants to feel special and desirable.  Everyone likes to be complimented, and no one likes to be talked to like a dog or ordered around r even griped at (even if they do things that make you mad, there are ways to go about discussing it).   We have so many friends over the years who have gotten divorced and with each of the couples, I can recall how they treated each other -it's no wonder they were divorced.  There is a way to communicate what you would like or what you need without being hateful or bitchy -they didn't seem to know how to do this at all, much less do anything nice for each other (other than birthdays or holidays). 

Good for you for taking an active approach.  I will pray for you that it works!

LOVES67
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I wish you the best of Luck, and yes I seen the Movie and liked it let us know if it work for you I might try that too..

haysyd
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Bump for update!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Just read the update. I hope things continue to look up for your marriage. The Love Dare and the 5 Love Languages did wonders for me.

AM-BRAT
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Great update! Hope things continue to look up. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the.real.me
by Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

yay!!  keep it up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)