Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the love dare updated 10/12

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hottmomma607:

No I haven't? Have you tried good old fashion communication?

This!  And what is the love dare?

Hectictracy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I've never heard of it. Good luck! I hope it works.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I am so sorry, I hope it helps!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I've heard the terms of the years. But IDK? I really hope it helps! But COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY!

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

No I haven't? Have you tried good old fashion communication?

This!  And what is the love dare?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

While I hope your marriage works out, you can do nice things for each other, communicate with each other, and love each other without a book telling you to do it. You need to pick a good time to set down with him and talk about what's bothering you without yelling or fighting. Pull him aside and say you need to have a talk and that you want to say your piece and you want him to say his piece and that it's important. Communication is a big part of any relationship. You can't just do nice things and hope everything gets better, you have to say something. Holding all that inside is toxic.

jacandjay
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM

good luck :) so what changed after you got married?

Mrs.Miller11
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I personally dont believe that a book will save a marriage, especially if one person isnt willing to put forth the effort. But I wish you luck.

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Any marriage can be saved but it takes the BOTH of you to work on it. If he has already givin up and isn't interested in saving it, then either you need to give him a huge wake up call or walk away. Its never an easy choice to make, but it took both of you to make that committment, and it will take you both to make it work. Hugs, i will pray for you too.

haysyd
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I wish I knew, he won't say anything. I keep trying to talk to him and not yelling. I suspect he is cheating but he says he is not, I just don't know.

Quoting jacandjay:

good luck :) so what changed after you got married?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)