Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

the love dare updated 10/12

Posted by   + Show Post
Has anyone done the 40 days and it saved your marriage? I have seen the movie fireproof before and after 3 months of marriage my husband won't kiss or touch me. He has been distant for several weeks and I have tried to talk to him but I get no answers. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and got two copies of the love dare. One for me and one for my husband. I gave it to him last night and he looked at the cover and just set it down didn't even bother to read it. I am going to do the dare and pray that we make it. And we have been together for 4 years and have a 2 year old son.

Update- I am still reading the book and I am up to day 9 on the dares. This book has opened my eyes and I have learned so much. For the first time in weeks my husband invited my to lunch to talk. We talked for several hours and I found out that he thinks I am unhappy. I am not unhappy just kind of in a rut. I am getting a part time job and I am getting more involved in our church. I have also dealt with depression and I saw my Dr two weeks ago and I have been on medication since then. I can tell a difference and in a good way. Thank you again for the kind thoughts, prayers and encouragement!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (81-90):
ohmandy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

im glad you posted this.  dh is napping, i feel like crap, so this and a cup of tea might be nice lol.

to the OP, while i find a lot of "self help" stuff annoying, i have found a few things ive liked and honestly, this sounds neat... i am excited to learn more.  i really hope dh comes around!!! dh and i had our share of problems when we first got together and i got pregnant (quickly ha).  but it is true "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger" and that applies to relationships as well.

goodluck :)

Quoting m0mmy0ftw02012:

after i saw this post earlier i went on netflix and watched it again... i even looked up the book. I still think this movie is a GREAT movie for married couples even if they are not going though problems. Its just to remind how priceless a marriage should be.

Jeanniedoll
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I have the book but I have never tried it.
Yellowlily333
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Best of luck, Momma! You are in my prayers!

Leissaintexas
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM
We did it. Loved it! Our church did a movie night and showed it, the next day he went out and bought the book. Also the movie "Courageous" by the same people as "Fireproof" is awesome for dads. We are in a better marriage than ever and we still use what we learned.
nachoqtpie
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly.... The Lovr Dare doesn't have to be done by both. In the movie, the wife didn't even know he was doing it!

Keep the course honey, even if he doesn't did it, he will notice a difference in you.

The Power of A Praying Wife is a good one. My husband and I are doing Love & Respect together right now. If you can get your hands on a copy, watch Laugh Your Way To A Better Marriage. It is HILARIOUS! And it's great and very informative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BackwoodsBarbi
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM

i have tryed it only for 20 days then my ex cheated on me and got really abusive so obviously i was using a valuable tool on the wrong person lol. anyway sometimes when our men are acting like this it does make a world of difference to change ourselves even if we think they  are the problem. which is kinda what the love dare is. it is wonderful and if my new marriage gets to a bad point i would totally use the love  dare its great and god can heal any relationship. good luck sweetie and i hope things turn around for you

babygirl3112005
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
After watching the movie with my husband I got the book and did the dare. After I went through it once, things improved a lot. I gave a copy to my husband and we did it together the second time. Things have never been better between us. We've been together almost 8 years. I wish u the best of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemomma84
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I used it this year. We had the 7 year itch, I guess. So I decided to try it. It worked. He got grumpy first, but now we are good. Good luck

ragitty
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM

this, exactly

Quoting Allie01:

I have heard great things about the book, but haven't tried it. We aren't having any problems right now but I am always trying to keep our bond strong! I really liked the 5 Love Languages!!

missmansmommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I feel for you. My marriage has not always been the best and I have thought about trying to do The Love Dare as well. We have 2 girls, 9 and 3, and sometimes it is very hard. As  Orthodox Christians, one of the ways we are called to view marriage is as a martyrdom, a dying to self. It is impossible to live that way without relying on Christ, and it is still hard when you do. I wish you the best. I will pray for you.

baby girlMissMansMommy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN