Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Convo between me & "DH" follows

A few weeks ago
Me- why you never say "I love you" to me?
Him- why should I have to?
Me- (thinking to self) are you fucking kidding me?
Me- (real response) wow

Today
(we talking about something but this sticks out more than anything)
Me- do you know my fave foods?
Him- no, I know you like blue Doritos
Me- wow
Me- that's all?
Him- that's all for what
Him- you told me hot dogs a couple of years ago, idk if that changed

MIND you! We been together on nd off 6yrs and recently got married. NOT ONCE has this guy ever asked me or inquired about me, if anything has changed or has stayed the same. I have tried MANY a time to re learn this man and he continues to shut me down. It's like he doesn't even care how I feel
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sondi7
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Did he ever care?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I am with her! People evolve! Change eh, yes change is always good! Expecting someone to change to fit you! Good luck! Thats one of those things you need to be able to say "He's the one and I take it all"! Good, bad&ugly! And if you are willing to put up with things while you're dating,then you better be ready than to put up with it while married! I had things in my mind I didn't settle for while dating! Thats why I dated my husband&married him! He fittes what my mold I wanted!
Quoting rayroe2:

I get your train of thinking but if things aren't good to start with they don't get better with marriage they get worse because your expecting that person to change but they wont you get who you marry but don't get that confused because marriage is work and wont always be easy or what you want but if he didn't care before you got married hes not going to care now truthfully I would just take it as a loss and find someone who will know you inside and out.

Quoting LanaTsunami:

I thought things would get better between us....

Quoting rayroe2:

why did you marry him, I am not judging you just trying to understand why would you marry a man that you were on and off again for 6 years....that doesn't put up red flags?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe it's because I'm thinking of my own husband but I would not be ok with that at all

LanaTsunami
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Quoting Sondi7:

Did he ever care?

His words say yes but his actions always say no
CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Try not to be pissed about it. Men think differently then we do. Tell him how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen1130
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Well my husband try's new foods all the time I don't I like the same things but he will order me new things ( if he is picking up ) and dang it wouldn't ya know I like it more than not: )

Sounds like you need to tell him more. Or fix the same thing ( your favorite) for a week. Then when he says why are we eating this again just smile and say I am showing you my favorite things : ) if you do it long enough he will learn or bring take out.LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdmom2002
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Men have no clue....I can order for my dh when we go to McDonalds, but if we go together he will order then stop and look at me like he is lost...I order the same thing everytime.lol  I could tell him 5000 times that I like snickers better than butterfingers, and he still wouldn't remember.lol  A lot of men don't say "I love You" because of the way they were raised, they were taught that you show your love by taking care of your family but you don't say it.  My dad is like that and so is my brother...

gabyangy
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I've been with my husband for 20 years and my kids will be like you know mom doesn't like that and he replies I didn't know and they look at him and say we all know she doesn't like that. Its no big deal to me.  After 20 years I just tell myself don't sweat the small stuff.

meganisamom
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Then why did you Marry him ?

Quoting LanaTsunami:

Quoting Sondi7:

Did he ever care?

His words say yes but his actions always say no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

sounds like a typical guy. At least he even bothered to try and answer the questions. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN