Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was any of your fam or his uhhappy about your union/marriage?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 61 Replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Yes, my Mother hated him. Because he had no money, long hair and did not play sports. She told me it would never work. My brother made fun of him. Because of his long hair and he is a computer geek. He saw him as a girly man, because he did not play any sports. They thought he was a drug dealer. I asked why. Because he has long hair and wears a trench coat. Umm ok, don't you guys know me better then that.

What I hated was they even said things to other family members. Did I say anything when I thought my brothers first wife was a b****. No I kept my mouth shut because I knew better to not be rude.

Well finally after finally getting to know him. Instead of saying no he is not coming over for dinner because we know who he is. Well know my Mother see how well he takes care of me and has told him thank you for marrying my daughter. My brother will never say it but I know he likes him know.

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I don't know. I'm sure his family wasn't thrilled. But no one would ever say anything. We have been together so long people wondered why we hadn't gotten married already. So it was just another thing we did. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

yes my parents hated my ex husband..... when i mean hate  I REALLY MEAN HATE!!!!! I should have listened to them.... but I was young and "in love" and didnt listen to them.  My SO now My parents LOVE him! And and treats me 100% better then my exhusband ever did...

picot08
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM

My father and DH mother do not talk to us b/c we married outside our race. My mom loves my husband though. 

momma2zac2006
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM

My mom and youngest sister was mad. We got married after being together a month and a half. We had known each other for 15 yrs. (me and his sister were childhood best friends) Anyway, he left sd's mom and got with me. I didn't ask him to leave, didn't even know he was planning it we were just friends. Anyway, so they were worried he would do it to me and everything which I understand. Now after being married for over a year they see they were wrong and my mom actually admitted he was a really good guy. He takes care of me and my 5 yr old and his daughter. We also have a baby on  the way and he has been wonderful through everything.

tifbrown
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Nope not at all. Everyone was very supportive :)

kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM

oh my husbands family hates that he married a white woman, he is mexican. It doesn't bother him at all

AlekD
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I was not Christian at the time and some of dh's more conservative relatives refused to attend our wedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I don't think his family was that happy. His mom likes to cause problems and spread her bitterness. My family loves DH. Been together 3.5 years and married 2 next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Yes, I walked out of my mom's house (I was still living with her while I finished school) because they asked me to choose. My mom came around faster and went to the ceremony but I didn't talk to my dad for almost a year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)