Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 10:22 AM
Confession time: Who would YOU choose? - CafeMom

If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be? (for the sake of discussion, you're both single)I think pret

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 33 Replies

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM

My daughter loves green beans and peas.  I used to be able to buy Green Giant green peas in butter sauce, but  I cannot buy them any more.  I've looked in all the major stores in Richmond, VA, but no luck :(.   Now I just cook frozen peas in butter and season with salt.  I do the same thing to green beans.  Sometimes I'll saute some bacon and onions in butter and cook the green beans with the bacon and onions.  Sometimes, I use smoked ham instead.  I use the mixed frozen vegetables every time I make chicken pot pie, shephards pie or vegetable soup.  Her favorite Green Giant vegetable is yellow corn in butter sauce.  

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
They eat raw carrots with hummus, I put veggies in my spaghetti sauce, stir fry, tacos, meatballs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
My family eats veggies everyday! My kids love em.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh I do stir fry too! Broccoli slaw! Mu 10yo loves it! At first he didn't know? LOL

MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:48 AM
My kids love their veggies. steamed with a little bit of cheese. raw broccoli and carrots with ranch dip :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I have never had an issue getting my dd to eat veggies! She loves them. She eats them raw whole I cut them or cooked. We have veggies every meal if we can. It is a staple on our home.

We even helped her.to.plant a garden. She grew squash, zucchini, tomato's, 5 types of.peppers, green string beans, okra, onions, watermelon, and much more!

We love fresh food! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferne3
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Luckily my LO has always loved veggies - esp. anything green.  I have found when she chooses or even helps prepare she loves them even more.  Last night we had another new one (we belong to a farm co-op that gives us new veggies each week or just new variations on old standards) and she wasn't sure at first - until she saw Momma enjoying it with lots of animated yums and then she couldn't wait to get her hands on them.  And of course loved it.  I find most veggies taste better baked a bit - brings out natural sweetness.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Make a medley of foods with foods he/she does like.  That is how I tried new foods and I didn't even know I was eating them.  Use tomatoe sauce for example or other cream sauces.

thanush
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Bake them. Taste better than steamed. Glaze in garlic butter, my DD loves that too. Mix pureed carrots in pizza sauce
not-the-momma
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Our kids are pretty good about eating most veggies, but sometimes if I serve something they don't like, we make them eat at least half a portion before they can leave the table.  We do that with pretty much all foods though.

When I was a kid I hated veggies (now I love them).  The only way I would eat them if they were cooked in cream sauce or cheese sauce.  Now I eat them plain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)