Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables.

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
joulieen
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Aside from basic corn or frozen mixed veg, mine will eat some veggies raw, like carrots or pea pods.  Others he will eat if there is sauce for him to dip, like ranch dressing  with celery or rasberry vinaigrette for raw spinach.

Willow.wind
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I steam fresh veggies put butter & spike on them ... They eat it up
Sweetheart08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My kids love the broccili and cheese sauce. THey love carrots and cucumbers with ranch. An my daughter loves salad with the hoey mustard dressing. BUt she told he teacher at daycare she LOVES green beans and eats all the time at home.

And i didnt know how much they would like corn on the cob they globbed that up yesterday. all I did was steam it with salt water. no butter! Yummy

mommagirl77
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
My kids love all veggies of all types. Cooked and raw. My "trick" is to introduce them as soon as possible. We make it fun. Make faces...mix it up for color...and most importantly we don't let them say they don't like it w/out trying it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

My kids hate veggies. I cook spinach in with my spaghetti noodles. Add sauce when done and you can't even taste it. My kids eat it up! 

MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

It helps that she doesn't eat junk food or sweets. By not introducing her to bad for you foods, it's easier to get her to enjoy the good for you ones. She has veggies with dinner every night and always gobbles them up!

fahmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM

It's not an issue. My son loves his fruit and veggies. He especially loves tomatoes. He picked them right off our vine. When our plants stopped producing we bought them from the farmer's market and they'd always give him one free to eat. Granted he is only 18 months old and not yet and hopefully never a picky eater. Simple answer...he eats his veggies because that's what we offer him.

AM-BRAT
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I encourage my kids to eat veggies by letting them cook with them. The like to get to know the veggies before they're part of the meal. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2kids2009
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I try to make the veggies my kids don't like to look funner, fu kid friendly shapes like french fry shaped carrot sticks, or cucumbers.

Missy13d69
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM

My kids love vegetables. All I have to do is serve them, and they eat them up. My 2 year old everrequests beets for lunch almost every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN