Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

lol another question for you ladies about weddings

me and df now cant agree on veil length (petty i know but i wanna know what you ladies say)

he doesnt want me to have something that he has to flip,and then flip and then flip just to uncover my face so he wants me to have a shoulder length 

i want an elbow length, i think it would be pretty lol

so which length would go best with this dress? (same dress just has strings in the skirt to poof it)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I think an elbow length would be beautiful with that.  Your veil does not have to cover your face.  You can wear it more like a mantilla and not have it covering your face but just come down the back.  I had an elbow length veil and I did not have it cover my face.  I wore it attached to a pretty hair piece and it just flowed down my back - it gave me the tradition of wearing a veil but without having anything impede my face.

Metteba
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Thats first a man getting picky about a veil...ha ha he he ho ho.
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Lol he's been helping with everything so far :) were going to look at the sand ceremony sets today and the other wedding stuff to lol

Quoting Metteba:

Thats first a man getting picky about a veil...ha ha he he ho ho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM
I would suggest elbow with a blusher that's a bit shorter. You could always skip covering your face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally love the vintage simplicity of the birdcage veils, but they are very trendy right now.  So I went with a classic fingertip length veil for our ceremony this past Spring.  

I like the middle picture for the visual of the different lengths, but I would define birdcage veil more like THIS:

Nothing to flip for the kiss since the lips are exposed.

This is me.  I just had the longer veil in the back, with nothing over my face at all.

I don't really care for the shoulder length.  I feel it should be intentionally shorter, like a blusher, or intentionally longer, at least elbow.  And I don't really care for the veils that cover the face and need to be moved either.  You don't moved them until just before the kiss, right?  So the whole ceremony full of heartfelt promises, you're going to be looking through it to make eye contact.  

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM
This
But with the style of your dres it will go!

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I think shoulder length would be cute. I personally don't like the super short ones. Pick together. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willow.wind
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Ok I had to google to find out what a birdcage vail looked like.... I think it would look perfect w/ your dress!!!,
i.heart.myboys
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
I like the longer of the two it's so awesome looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
This

Quoting MixedCooke:

Yeah I would just do one of those little ones that just covers to nose level.  The dress seems to simple for a long veil that may overpower the dress itself. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoenixsMommy10
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You could buy a veil that doesn't go over your face at all and only goes in the back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)