Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you think relationships where there is a significant age gap between partners can work?  Does age really matter if you have found your soul mate?

Chrissy, just a wife and just a mom!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
kendmcc
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:13 PM

There is a nine year age gap between my husband and I. I don't see a problem with it, we enjoy doing the same things, have a strong sense of family, etc. It works for us. 

AccessoryChic
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM
There is 14 yrs between DH and I. My last marriage there was a 16 yr age gap. I dont think age really matters. Every marriage takes work and dedication to work. Age to me is just a number!
Metteba
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM
My Ex BF and I have an age gap. Im currently 39 and he's 50. He is the father to my 7 year old. My BF now is 38 and I'm 39; were a little more together with each other. when I was with the EX BF he was more set in his life and already was the wise one...LOL.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Depends on the couple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Me and my so are 10 years apart :) It is perfect for us.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Age mattered to me. I wanted to marry someone close to my age. I got lucky that my husband matured remarkably fast and by the age of 20 was making more money then most men in their 40's. He is a year older then me. I think age does play a role but it's up to the couple how much that role affects their relationship.

geekmommy84
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Yes and no, there is a almost 11yrs age gap between us. We ARE the best of friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH is 39 and I am 28, this December will be 8 years married. Yes age gaps can work, and I do believe age is just a number.

Momof697
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My DH is almost 11 yrs older than me. We have been married 15 and a half years. 

CameronsMommy23
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
If you're in love and have similar interests it can work. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)