Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

does your bf/husband count on you to do his "secretary" work?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

Bf of 2 years and I are buying house in HIS name. He has me doing all the secretarial work...talking to bank, emailing, etc. I don't really mind because then I know what's going on. He has even asked me to run his credit for him, go to bank, etc. We both work full time. But I do it, not complaining...just wondering why men count on their gf/wife to do all their secretary work?

Do you do yours secretary work?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

LOL yup. But I was his primary bookkeeper before my DD. I'll be returning to duties in the new year =)

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Yes, i do. Im good at it and he doesn't have the time to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsparker0
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Yes but its bc Im good at it :)

Although some stuff we do "together" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Megan on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Nope.  My husband and I just bought a house.  I dealt with the realtor and he dealt with the lender

MamaSince2005
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Yes. I think the main reason is b/c DH has a stuttering problem while on the phone, i think it's hilarious. But he gets really frustrated b/c he can't get a word out and the person on the other end is like "hello? Hello?" And he hangs up. Even if he writes it down... Sometimes, i force him to do make a call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mustloveanimals
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Not really. He expects me to be the housekeeper, errand runner, and cook, but secretary - no. Thank god.

LAUNDRYAGAIN
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM
YES! thats so funny you referanced buying a home thats has to be the most exhausting thing ever. I did everything when we bought our house. Basically he helped whis eyes and his hand ( when needed for signing lol). I made all the contacts set up all apts w/ broker and realtor talked with insurance all of it everyday omg. I work full time with 5 kids too. That was so stressfull and a big challenge. It was all worth it though we feel amazing now that we are home owners now. Keep it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Yeah, I get stuck handling all of the day to day details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AccessoryChic
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Yup I do all our personal as well as all of our businesses bookwork. All he has to do is fill out the required paperwork in the truck and make sure it gets from the truck to my desk. It is easier telling him whats going on than trying to show him papers or heaven help me let him help!
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

yep ... if he was "in charge" nothing would get  paid! lol rolling on floor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)