Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this bother you or am i overreacting?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bf of 2 years almost always comes to bed and cuddles immediately. He has had cold so didn't want to. For the past week even since he felt better he won't cuddle. Will lay with his.back to me and won't touch. Granted we had awesome sex Sunday night but I'm wondering what I did wrong for him not touch me? I said to him this morning "what you don't like laying near me in bed anymore?" He says "what! You have an issue with that because I want to lay this way! you're ridiculous!" What do I do?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Replies (171-180):
CynnyWolk
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Enjoy it and lay the other way.

Tarter22
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

It goes in cycles for me and my bf. We've been together for 8 yrs and sometimes we cuddle all night for months; then one day out of the blue, he turns away and stays there for months. Right now we're in the inbetween; some nights he cuddles, others he doesn't. I wouldn't worry yet, just enjoy the space for the moment. You'll know if something really is wrong soon enough, but if you're still having awesome sex and getting along all day long; don't worry and just wait for him to come back.

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Enjoy your space :)

dueweke_j
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Well guys, I believe she said she's pregnant....so, as rediculous as this post seems to all of us, let's cut her some slack. We all know hormones can make us do crazy things. When I was preg. With dd, I cried cuz dh cut my burger to make sure it was cooked. Yea, I cried over a hamburger lol. Honey, your man still loves you, stop with this post. Go talk to your man, and delete this post, before he leaves you and your 4 kids all alone. Men can only take so much before they break. Tell him how you feel, because I feel like you're gonna lose him if you keep this up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chellyvonne
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM

In my expereince their is something bothering him and with me when they do that the relationship is normally over.. Hope thats not the case but he might just need time to deal with whatever it is so dont get onto him it will only make things worse.. Just deal with it the best you can and hopefully he will be better soon..

seosinger
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
2 of the worst things you can do to a relationship: holding grudges and using sex as a manipulation tool. Just some advice to OP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Knightquester
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Everybody is different and with time even the most intimate couple will change their sleeping patterns.  Personally I wouldn't hold a grudge or hold sex from my husband over something that very well could be nothing, but that is me.

If something is bothering your boyfriend time will cause it to come out, but if you force it then you may cause him to push away when it could be something he's internally dealing that may have nothing to do with you.  Also if you try to push it and it's nothing then you're chancing that he may view it that you're overly controlling.

I would just relax and let time tell.  If he stays the way he does but still has sex with you, still kisses you and is intimate in other ways then take it that you're both so close now that you don't need to cuddle to show affection.

WrittenByMama
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:23 PM
First, I personally think you're over reacting. You know him better than any of us - so if you're worried then you have reason to be.
Second, don't take him for granted. After being married for four and a half years, taking for granted the time I did spend with my husband, he suddenly passed away. He never woke up. So instead of complaining about what he's not giving you, appreciate what he IS giving you.
Some support for your kids, love to your kids, someone to be with.

If YOU don't like it, YOU leave. You have a job - you don't NEED him financially.

That's my opinion - I'm sure though, you'll find something to pick at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

He may not enjoy cuddling all of the time. If he's had a cold he may still be tired and uncomfortable. Don't let it bug you, unless he gets so he never wants to cuddle: then you need a new bf. I like to cuddle for a while, but I can't sleep that way.

justsusan
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM

say, "Id like to check something out.  I notice than when we are in a good place, you seem to like to cuddle with me as soon as you get in bed.  Lately, you dont seem to be cuddling and I wonder if I have done something to hurt you or annoy you that might be affecting things?"

If he says no, well you gave him a chance and if he fesses to something later you can point out the honesty problem.  Maybe he just needs some space.  If he says yes, listen to whatever it is calmly and thank him for sharing so he doesnt feel punished for being honest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)