Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this bother you or am i overreacting?

Posted by   + Show Post

Bf of 2 years almost always comes to bed and cuddles immediately. He has had cold so didn't want to. For the past week even since he felt better he won't cuddle. Will lay with his.back to me and won't touch. Granted we had awesome sex Sunday night but I'm wondering what I did wrong for him not touch me? I said to him this morning "what you don't like laying near me in bed anymore?" He says "what! You have an issue with that because I want to lay this way! you're ridiculous!" What do I do?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Replies (231-240):
mummy1990
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Try snuggling up next to him. Why is he the one who has to cuddle with you? You could cuddle with him.

Bre
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM
I have been with my DH going on now foe almost 7 yrs and we use to cudde EVERY NIGHT and I got sick and same thing we ddnt cuddle when I was sick and we sill to this day don't and that's been almost 4 yrs ago...

Unless there are other sings of something going on I wld not make a big deal of it..maybe he relized he is more commfy laying the other way, why don't you cange sides of the bed so he can lay the way he wants but yet you are still able to cuddle???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Hmmm

amber710
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Initiate the touching and cuddling yourself.

MamaSince2005
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Let me know how that works out for you.

Quoting Ladybug1260:

I did lay with him when he had his cold.  I didnt deny that.  If he chooses to lay the way he is now then that would create a problem because no cuddling in bed.....no intimacy or sex for him and trust me I can hold a grudge for a loooooong time. 

Quoting JuliFox:

You wouldn't snuggle with him while he had his cold; maybe he discovered that he's more comfortable lying the way he does now. Don't take every little thing so personally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Messick30
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM
My husband will lay different when his shoulders bother him
barefootmommi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I hear what your saying wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Im not a big cuddled either we lay cuddle for like five mins the. I roll over I'm just not that way. Ppl do change
ianyna
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Something is bothering him... It may or may not be you, could be work or school etc... But something... And probably it does relate to you... Question is - does he even realize it? Sometimes people have an issue and react to it, but arent fully aware of what it is and it resolves itself. I know this sounds odd, but my fella is that way. Sometimes talking brings it to the surface and helps things along and sometimes I just wait until he rolls back around. Sometimes it takes weeks. We are also at the 2 year mark btw. Holding grudges rarely helps in general though. I would suggest you touch him when you feel like it, snuggle up if you want to, but if he needs space allow it, and if it continues too long for your comfort try to address the issue again but in a non confrontational way. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnnikkij
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Lol dh & I do the same thing. He's a cuddler, I'm not. So we cuddle during a movie & then move into sleeping positions.

I'm almost wondering if ur bf hasn't really gotten over being sick. Maybe he can't breathe right or whatever still...

Quoting cupcake2819:

His reaction makes me think you've not done anything wrong and his feelings toward you haven't changed.  Sleeping patterns change between couples.  My DH and I have gone through phases.  In fact, after we have sex or cuddle, we always move into our "sleeping positions" which are usually my back to him while he sleeps on his stomach  :-)  Ask you boyfriend tonight if he will cuddle with you for awhile before you guys fall asleep. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnnikkij
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM
You're going to have to give a little to get a little or you're going to end up a very lonely person. Relationships are work. It takes two

Quoting Ladybug1260:

I know this sounds terrible but....i am not an ass kisser and when he cuts me off then WANTS to be near me....not happening. 

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

I'd nicely tell him that you want to cuddle & when he's ready he can slide on over. Lol Don't take it personally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN