Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would CM be able to tell me if someone is legit?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 28 Replies
I got a friends request from someone and I accepted it. We started messaging and Im questioning whether or not this person is a real person or just a weirdo. If I send a message to CM would they be able to let me know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I doubt it. But Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0mmy0ftw02012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

have no idea heres a bump maybe someone will know!

shajdinyak
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
What are they saying that makes u doubt it? Its worth asking cm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
They don't do background checks on people, so I don't think there's anything u can do to make sure they're not a crazy person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
No. I know that. Im more wondering along the lines of where this person is most active. Im kinda sketchy about this person. They have a few pics on their profile and say they have a child but there are no pics of the child. Other things that I noticed too. Things said that make me wonder.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

They don't do background checks on people, so I don't think there's anything u can do to make sure they're not a crazy person

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Asking me inappropriate questions.

Quoting shajdinyak:

What are they saying that makes u doubt it? Its worth asking cm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Do you think it's a creeper or someone you know trying to get information?  I ask because I've been in the position of the later and networking sites typically can't tell you anything but if you have concrete proof that they're not legit, like photos taken from other people, etc, they will be quick to shut it down.  Sorry, not much help.  If you're worried just stop talking to them, or if you're in for some fun try tripping them up :)

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Im wondering if they are a creeper. They seemed perfectly normal to begin with and then things got weird. However if this person is normal I wouldn't want to get them in trouble. KWIM?

Quoting IQuitCounting:

Do you think it's a creeper or someone you know trying to get information?  I ask because I've been in the position of the later and networking sites typically can't tell you anything but if you have concrete proof that they're not legit, like photos taken from other people, etc, they will be quick to shut it down.  Sorry, not much help.  If you're worried just stop talking to them, or if you're in for some fun try tripping them up :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2bkayleesmommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
A lot of ppl don't post pics of their kids cause pedifiles. But if they're asking inappropriate questions, and make u think this way, better safe than sorry and stop talking to them.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

No. I know that. Im more wondering along the lines of where this person is most active. Im kinda sketchy about this person. They have a few pics on their profile and say they have a child but there are no pics of the child. Other things that I noticed too. Things said that make me wonder.

Quoting 2bkayleesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I don't accept any friend requests that I don't know exactly who they are. I think I have about 30 requests just sitting in my inbox for this very reason.

I made that mistake once. This chick (well, maybe a chick) was asking me about my boys genitalia. I got so weirded out that I deleted my account, and now I never post pics of my kids. Stupid creepers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)