Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would change in work schedule drive you nuts?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

If your SO work schedule changes from where you see them only 2 days a week versus 3 days a week...is that a big deal to you and would it put a major strain on your relationship?

We have been together for just a couple years and I think it is going to drive me nuts but he insists "its only temporary and i will be getting more $$"

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Yes that would be tough.. But, if it was temporary I would deal with it. My DH works a lot too so I know how your feeling. Hang in there, it won't be forever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM
No. I'm comfortable spending time alone and being primary evening caregiver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie2409
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM
My hubby and I generally work m-f days, so I am used to and LOVE lots of time with him. He has been working out of town during the week for the last couple weeks, and will next week too. I am hating it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apple1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I understand how you feel.  My husband just recently started working a lot of overtime at work (he works at a distrubution center and lifts all day long) and many of the guys are either hurt, call in sick or are using FMLA leaving my husband working almost 2 hours over each work day.  It isn't easy as he drives to work an hour a way already...So, he is gone about 13 hours a day sometimes...it is rough.  When he gets home he is very tired, has dinner a shower and then gets ready for the next day again, it is frustrating and lonely at times as I'm a stay at home mom to a special needs little boy...but, I'm hoping it won't last forever!!  ((HUGS))

Bradya
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Probably but I would look at it as taking care of family I work 7 days a week and go to school he work 6pm to 6 am we hardly see eachother but we make it work we talk or text all day he visit me at work and picks me up from school

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM

It would be frustrating at times I'm sure, but I only see my husband 2 days a week since he works out of state.  It can be stressful on a relationship but you have to make the best out of it, he's doing it to support our family and it could always be worse!

CafeMom Tickers

wedding countdown

mrsparker0
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Nope. I would be proud he is doing whatever it takes to provide for his family. YES my son and I would miss him like crazy but its not about us. Its making sure we have a roof over our head, food on the table, a doctor to go to, and bills are paid. Oh the sacrifices!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:11 PM

do you only see him 2 days a week period, no mornings or nights? DH's work schedule is always the same and i wouldn't want it to change but i think i'd be okay if it did. if it meant more money for that time being to take care of the family, i would deal. 

beeky
by Alexandra on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Yes it's hard but you have to pay the bills.  My husband worked 8 to 5 for years then he lost his job.  Now he works 3 to 11:30, it's a big adjustment but we make it work for us.

zoo003
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I would have to say no, it isn't a big deal to me, but my dh is a cop and works a tremendous amount of overtime.  For the most part, the 3 days that he is suppose to be off usually turns into maybe only 1 (a lot of weeks there are no days off) because of court and the OT shifts.  However, this is us and may not work for you and your SO, only y'all can decide.  I would recommend keeping communication lines open though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)