Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Show me your wedding pictures

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am getting ready to plan my wedding. I want to get some ideas. We are thinking a very tiny wedding like 30 guests max. And our budget is pretty low, or at least we are not planning on spending too much. We have not set a date yet, thats why im getting ready to start planning, lol. I've been watching a lot of shows and i'm getting so excited!!!

Love Always,

Angel

typing

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
88M
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM
5 moms liked this

88M
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We had the king of small weddings in my mother-in-laws living room.  We got married on 11-11-11.  we had been engaged over a year, he was nearing deployment, I am in the Army also...and seven kids between the two of us.  We talked about it that Tuesday and did it that Friday.  his mom managed to incorporate all the traditions of a big wedding into our living room wedding.  We had a cake, food, flowers, champagne, a first dance....Our life is so crazy and wedding planning was something we just did not have time for.  It was perfect for us and I will never regret it.  I have a beautiful dress i Jumped the gun and got after we were engaged.  That is my one regret...not wearing the dress.  I going to have pictures taken in it and send them to him next month for our first anniversary.  My advice...do what makes you happy...do not let stress creep into that special day.

Deannie1258
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Our wedding Day

We have been married a year july 17 .Love him more and more each day.We had our wedding outside in a beautiful park under a gazibo.It was a hot day but the wedding was simple but elegant.hugs smiles Deannie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyAngelBaby
ear unplugged finally.. now just ringing ugh... working on my paper of the change of roles in the women's life after the first world war
Today at 5:51 PM
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

We had a small court house wedding with just our parents and my best friend who is a like a sister to me.. Then in June we had our reception

zmans_mommy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Sorry for so many pictures. My wedding day was perfect for me & I love sharing pictures!

nicole2884
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this

we got married two years ago, it was wonderful 

we had 50 guest, got married in the park had our reception right there they have indoor facilities

my very good friend acted as a day of planner, my family helped set up an clean up

photographer was a friend of my mothers they are both pro. photographers an best friends 

sister made the jewelry

'i diy'd all the decor

found the cheapest dj in a neighboring state , we live close to the border of sc

found a lady who made cakes out of her home cheap an yummy

splurged on my dress

spent less that 8g, which is an isnt expense depending

ii made the pomanders , i blinged out the cake topper , which was cheaper than buying a bling one but ndefiantly wasnt the cheapest option 

we did our own flowers

in retrospec 

doing a ipod playlist instead of dj would have cut cost

i spent to much on my dress

food could have been cheaper but i was getting fed up i had called or emailed 8 places this was the cheapest

i didnt have to go over board with decor , i could have saved on table centerpieces even though we didd them ourselves

but it was a wonderful day 

Mumof2boys03
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

We will be married for 9 years next month! 

So I actually hated my wedding... I hated my dress, veil, hair and make up! My Mom and older sister planned the whole thing. The only thing I got any say in was the colors and flowers! Dark blue, bright yellow and Sunflowers! Oh and the groom! Ha ha 

I did love my cake though! I made them and decorated them and my Dad made the cake stand! :)

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww congrats!!! How exciting. I'm planning too. It is so fun but exhausting. How fun yay

Congrats :)

Quoting LilTymomma:

I am getting ready to plan my wedding. I want to get some ideas. We are thinking a very tiny wedding like 30 guests max. And our budget is pretty low, or at least we are not planning on spending too much. We have not set a date yet, thats why im getting ready to start planning, lol. I've been watching a lot of shows and i'm getting so excited!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Lovely pictures, everyone! I don't have any on this computer to share, but I wanted to wish you luck! It'll be easier to get the ball rolling once you have a date set. I would recommend looking into venues, my husband and I selected our venue first, and based on their availability and prices (varied by days of the week) we were able to choose a date and then go from there.

Congratulations!

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
How did you make the pomanders?

Quoting nicole2884:

we got married two years ago, it was wonderful 

we had 50 guest, got married in the park had our reception right there they have indoor facilities

my very good friend acted as a day of planner, my family helped set up an clean up

photographer was a friend of my mothers they are both pro. photographers an best friends 

sister made the jewelry

'i diy'd all the decor

found the cheapest dj in a neighboring state , we live close to the border of sc

found a lady who made cakes out of her home cheap an yummy

splurged on my dress

spent less that 8g, which is an isnt expense depending

ii made the pomanders , i blinged out the cake topper , which was cheaper than buying a bling one but ndefiantly wasnt the cheapest option 

we did our own flowers

in retrospec 

doing a ipod playlist instead of dj would have cut cost

i spent to much on my dress

food could have been cheaper but i was getting fed up i had called or emailed 8 places this was the cheapest

i didnt have to go over board with decor , i could have saved on table centerpieces even though we didd them ourselves

but it was a wonderful day 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)