Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

is it time...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
so me and dh haven't really been getting along so well. Everything he does irritates me. Like today I am so sick, I mean he let me take a nap, and took our son out while our daughter was sleeping in her room. I wake up and our house is such a mess, plates everywhere and napkins all over the floor, dishes piled up. I was so angry. Its like I'm sick I would like to be able to relax and rest so I could feel better. But I wake up, and take care of my daughter and when he gets home I complain and he cleans up but says he's leaving the dishes for me. Really? He goes off to the gym for like an hr and a half and I'm left with both kids. While I have a migran, runny nose, cough, fever, sore throat, and aching from head to toe. He comes home, takes a shower and gets dressed to go get food. By than I lost my appetite and who wants pizza when they're super sick and feeling like their throat is all swelled up. Not me. I was just so angry cause its like he always thinks of him and no one else. He gets mad at me for being mad, and ignoring him so he leaves. Its 1 am and my son was still up cause both of my kids are sick aswell and I text him to come home so he can watch the kids since he likes to stay up. But he doesn't come home til 4am. So I was very angry. He comes home and wakes me up to give him a massage and wants to "cuddle" but I knew he only said cuddle so id give him the massage. I was feeling worse than I did the whole day. I get angry and lock the bedroom door after giving him the massage and dealing with his stupid jokes. He gets mad and yells at me to open the door. I do and he grabs me by the neck and starts yelling. I mean I love him, because we've been together for 4 yrs and we have 2 beautiful babies. But I'm not in love with him anymore. I know id be fine without him, but am I overreacting or is it time to move on?
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtillaTheHun
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That´s what you call "love"? Someone who is abusive and selfish? How can you love someone like that? I´d have a talk with him about the situation, and take it from there. You said yourself that everything he does irritates you. You resent him but you say you love him. That does not make much sense to me. 

2lilmamas
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Seems like your relationship has to a turn. Honestly ask yourself your really ready to end the marriage. If not consider some marriage counseling..
QCBaby
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

What the fuck? Leave. Run away...fast and far. That is not love my dear...

kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Um. MOVE ON

Proud2BWeird
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM

He grabbed you by the neck and you're questioning whether or not to stay with him?

For goodness sake, grab the children and run as fast as you can!

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I am so so confused. It seems like all the petty things can be let go. The dishes the napkins. That's all silly. I mean so what he took care of the kids. What.more do you want.

But are you saying he choked you violently? Like out of anger? And you are unsure as to if this is fixable? I mean no man should ever put their hands on a female. What if he hurts your kids. And don't say he wouldn't because it happens every day.

I say you need to pack your belongings and depart. Best of luck I am so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I would say that if u havent already tried counseling you should. last year my husband put his hands around my neck and i left him, and while we were seperated we went to counseling and a year later we are still married and he hasnt done anything like that since. things can be worked out, if he is willing to change. if he isnt then move on.

GatorsWife4Life
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I'm sorry but what he is doing is not loving you. You deserve better than that. I would start making plans on getting away from him. He is a selfish ass who apparently is turning abusive. You nor your children need that.

rayroe2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

this story was going like oh okay his just selfish but man hate doing dishes but the fact that he grab you by the throat....????........it sounds like the story is missing something but damn its time to move on he chokes you and you don't love him. Living in a fantasy isn't living happily your kids well learn that.

rosegorgeous
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Hi there!!

Not sure what the issues are but it seems to me that your relationship is on shaky ground.  For you husband to come home at 4 am when he's not working is a clue that he's not interested in the relationship, especially when you have small children.  Did you ask him where he was?  Most likely he will lie to you but you still need to know as you dont want him to bring you STDs.  

Based on your reaction and the fact that you're no longer in love with him, I would say it's time for you to move on.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN