Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Self. Respect.

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
  • 82 Replies
9 moms liked this
Ladies, I really enjoy CM (most of the time) I can identify a lot of times, I'm divorced, remarried. I have exhusband issues, ex wife issues and a big blended family. I am no where near perfect. And I never pretend I am. But, day after day I read about women who post stories about men who cheat, abuse, humiliate and are all around shitty husbands/boyfriends/fathers. These girls I feel awful for. But what I'd like to know is..... Why do most of these girls have no self respect? Why do women think its ok to get involved with men who have numerous children with numerous women? DO they REALLY THINK THEY ARE GIING TO CHANGE? And why do they girls continue to have babies when no one is working? Or they have no place to live? Stop having children you can't afford. Stop being with men that treat you like shit. Try getting married to a decent man who loves you BEFORE you have 5 kids. Finish school, stand on your own feet and HAVE SOME FREAKIN SELF RESPECT. Or we will have daughters and sons who think it is okay to live like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree with you.  Unfortunatly it's not going to change.  Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?  I can totally see the world ending up like that.  :\

corkigurl
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
100% agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
We need to pay more attention to our kids. We need to set better examples. And we need to stop self gratifying and and being so selfish. And we need to get off the damn computers!! Lol.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I agree with you.  Unfortunatly it's not going to change.  Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?  I can totally see the world ending up like that.  :\

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradya
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree 100%
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Here here! good

ihave1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Some dumb girls post annoyed me so much I was compelled to write this Lol.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here here! good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Girl, I completely understand.

Quoting meganisamom:

Some dumb girls post annoyed me so much I was compelled to write this Lol.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here here! good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Ummmm...

My df (dh in 5 days) has 5 other children, 4 from his ex wife, 1 of which isnt biologically his but he has raised him and continues to, and finally my two..

He bustes his ass EVERYDAY to care for ALL of his children and make sure we all had what we needed & wanted.. He has & contiues to provide and protect for us.

He had a brain hemmorage(sp) Oct 16th 2011 & since then has had 4 strokes. His Dr told him last Tuesday, he cant return to work (he is a BPO) for Multiple reasons.. Seizures, Strokes, and headaches as a result from the brain bleed..
Even tho god has thrown this at us, he STILL has provided and protected us, all of his children have what they need and then some!!

I have self respect, and im proud of my soo to be hubby!! He could of said "eff it" to his son whn he divorced his ex because hes not technically his but he didnt, he could have gave up when he had his brain hemmorage last Oct but he didnt..
He loves me & all of our kids & continues to do his very best for all of us..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I have been there myself.  I married my ex husband when I was 20 years old....and we started dating at 18...he was abusive one month in both physically and emotionally. He strangled me for the first time when I was 19 right before we got engaged. I still married him and it only escalated. He called me every name in the book, smothered my face in dirt, hit me while I was pregnant with our son.  The only reason I left was because of my son when he was 3 months old.  He never hit my stomach....and he never hurt me in front of our son except one time. That is when I left.

Now to answer your question: I don't know.  I wish I could understand that.  I went to three different counselors when we split up...and I couldn't understand what I was thinking.  Even at the time, it was like my head was in a bubble. At the beginning of the relationship, I thought I could save him. Yes, I am one of those...I thought I could save him. He had a very bad childhood.  Then when I knew I couldn't it was too late because he had beat me down emotionally so bad that I didn't care about myself.  I quit fighting back.  I quit caring about anything except our son.  So when he did that in front of him, it kind of woke me up.  6 years later, I have coming very far and can stand like you and ask that question "why?" because it doesn't make sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)