Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
Ladies, I really enjoy CM (most of the time) I can identify a lot of times, I'm divorced, remarried. I have exhusband issues, ex wife issues and a big blended family. I am no where near perfect. And I never pretend I am. But, day after day I read about women who post stories about men who cheat, abuse, humiliate and are all around shitty husbands/boyfriends/fathers. These girls I feel awful for. But what I'd like to know is..... Why do most of these girls have no self respect? Why do women think its ok to get involved with men who have numerous children with numerous women? DO they REALLY THINK THEY ARE GIING TO CHANGE? And why do they girls continue to have babies when no one is working? Or they have no place to live? Stop having children you can't afford. Stop being with men that treat you like shit. Try getting married to a decent man who loves you BEFORE you have 5 kids. Finish school, stand on your own feet and HAVE SOME FREAKIN SELF RESPECT. Or we will have daughters and sons who think it is okay to live like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
braezmommy89
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Are you kidding me?!
My MIL is butt buddys with DFs ex wife to but instead of not being around, she likes to dig for information and go tell the exwhore...er i mean ex-wife.

Quoting meganisamom:

Lol. My MIL refuses to meet me because she is best friends with the exwife. I'm probably better off. I didn't mean that nasty by the way, it came out wrong. I don't proof read. :).

Quoting braezmommy89:

Lol nope I dont have any problems in my life... ok ok i do!! My MIL is a *#$¥%*# witch, who plays favortism, any advice?? Haha

Thank you & he is :) the best :)

Quoting meganisamom:

You said he had 4 kids with his ex wife. How is that multiple kids with multiple women? I also said I was talking about abusive, no jobs and bad fathers. Did you read the post? You seem to feel attacked when nothing I said pertained to you. If you're defensive maybe you have a problem with things in your life, but from what you're saying your soon to be hubby seems like a great guy. Congrats on the wedding!

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ok....so this post does apply to me.... or my df rather.

Quoting meganisamom:

I do think people should be married before they have kids. I came from unmarried parents and it always bugged me. And I do think men that have numerous kids with numerous women are irresponsible. The best place to raise a child is in a home with two loving parents.

Quoting braezmommy89:

I guess the way I read it was wrong.

I took it as you think men who have numerous children with numerous women are scum, and that you should marry before having children..

Quoting meganisamom:

Ok. Awesome. So why the ummmm? You're obviously not what this post was referring to.

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ummmm...

My df (dh in 5 days) has 5 other children, 4 from his ex wife, 1 of which isnt biologically his but he has raised him and continues to, and finally my two..

He bustes his ass EVERYDAY to care for ALL of his children and make sure we all had what we needed & wanted.. He has & contiues to provide and protect for us.

He had a brain hemmorage(sp) Oct 16th 2011 & since then has had 4 strokes. His Dr told him last Tuesday, he cant return to work (he is a BPO) for Multiple reasons.. Seizures, Strokes, and headaches as a result from the brain bleed..

Even tho god has thrown this at us, he STILL has provided and protected us, all of his children have what they need and then some!!

I have self respect, and im proud of my soo to be hubby!! He could of said "eff it" to his son whn he divorced his ex because hes not technically his but he didnt, he could have gave up when he had his brain hemmorage last Oct but he didnt..

He loves me & all of our kids & continues to do his very best for all of us..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GatorsWife4Life
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I couldn't agree with you more. Women and men don't stop and think that we are raising the future leaders of America. We complain about how the world is but we are supposed to raise our children to be the change that we want to see in the world. Ghandi said "Be the change you want to see in the world." And I live by that phrase. I want my children to know that they have to work hard and make their life what they want it to be. You can't sit and be lazy and think everything will be handed to you. That's just not reality. I think parents should lead by example as well. Don't tell your kids it's not ok to drink or do drugs but yet you get high with your drunk boyfriend of the moment.

Then again, if only it were a perfect world. :(

MrsMetalMama
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Wonderfully said. Could not have said it better
some girls (not ladies)are just dumb or afraid to leave.
I say if your not happy than leave.
If you can't afford a baby or you live with your parental DO NOT HAVE ANYMORE BABIES!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Lol. The exwife threw a surprise party for the MIL 2 weeks ago. At her house. Sent an invite to my hubby. She was the RSVP. Addressed to only him. He didn't even reply. We don't let it affect us (it bugs me and I feel awful that he couldn't go to his mothers bday party). She does crap like that all the time. She's jealous and miserable. I feel badly that a person is that unhappy. I wasn't even the reason they divorced. It was before me. But they're very Catholic and don't believe in divorce. They'd rather live in misery. So I can sympathize with you. My exhusbands mother is very cool and we talk. She is a good grandma. We don't discuss the exhubby and his girlfriend or any drama bullshit. Strictly about the kids :). Don't let them get to you. They're so not worth it.

Quoting braezmommy89:

Are you kidding me?!

My MIL is butt buddys with DFs ex wife to but instead of not being around, she likes to dig for information and go tell the exwhore...er i mean ex-wife.

Quoting meganisamom:

Lol. My MIL refuses to meet me because she is best friends with the exwife. I'm probably better off. I didn't mean that nasty by the way, it came out wrong. I don't proof read. :).

Quoting braezmommy89:

Lol nope I dont have any problems in my life... ok ok i do!! My MIL is a *#$¥%*# witch, who plays favortism, any advice?? Haha

Quoting meganisamom:

You said he had 4 kids with his ex wife. How is that multiple kids with multiple women? I also said I was talking about abusive, no jobs and bad fathers. Did you read the post? You seem to feel attacked when nothing I said pertained to you. If you're defensive maybe you have a problem with things in your life, but from what you're saying your soon to be hubby seems like a great guy. Congrats on the wedding!

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

I do think people should be married before they have kids. I came from unmarried parents and it always bugged me. And I do think men that have numerous kids with numerous women are irresponsible. The best place to raise a child is in a home with two loving parents.

Quoting braezmommy89:

I took it as you think men who have numerous children with numerous women are scum, and that you should marry before having children..

Quoting meganisamom:

Ok. Awesome. So why the ummmm? You're obviously not what this post was referring to.

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ummmm...

My df (dh in 5 days) has 5 other children, 4 from his ex wife, 1 of which isnt biologically his but he has raised him and continues to, and finally my two..

He bustes his ass EVERYDAY to care for ALL of his children and make sure we all had what we needed & wanted.. He has & contiues to provide and protect for us.

He had a brain hemmorage(sp) Oct 16th 2011 & since then has had 4 strokes. His Dr told him last Tuesday, he cant return to work (he is a BPO) for Multiple reasons.. Seizures, Strokes, and headaches as a result from the brain bleed..

Even tho god has thrown this at us, he STILL has provided and protected us, all of his children have what they need and then some!!

I have self respect, and im proud of my soo to be hubby!! He could of said "eff it" to his son whn he divorced his ex because hes not technically his but he didnt, he could have gave up when he had his brain hemmorage last Oct but he didnt..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

A Lot of the women are in love and in hopes the guy will soon change, some feel they have no one else so they rather deal with it than be alone.  I agree with you and thank you personally for not speaking about it in a rude way, maybe some women will read your post and it sheds some light for them.  I was once that girl mistreated, and abused and still i stayed feeling who will want me other than him, thinking he will change i was young 17 when we started dating. I have since moved on and married a wonderful person, but unfortunately not everyone will leave as i did.  A Lot of women end up with these men 10+ years then they stay because they feel its to late to start over.

braezmommy89
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM
I try SO hard not to let it bother me but damn it my kids are involved & when they get left out, i become livid..

MIL hates me, so she takes it out on my kids -_-

Quoting meganisamom:

Lol. The exwife threw a surprise party for the MIL 2 weeks ago. At her house. Sent an invite to my hubby. She was the RSVP. Addressed to only him. He didn't even reply. We don't let it affect us (it bugs me and I feel awful that he couldn't go to his mothers bday party). She does crap like that all the time. She's jealous and miserable. I feel badly that a person is that unhappy. I wasn't even the reason they divorced. It was before me. But they're very Catholic and don't believe in divorce. They'd rather live in misery. So I can sympathize with you. My exhusbands mother is very cool and we talk. She is a good grandma. We don't discuss the exhubby and his girlfriend or any drama bullshit. Strictly about the kids :). Don't let them get to you. They're so not worth it.

Quoting braezmommy89:

Are you kidding me?!

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ummmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Ugh. Hurting the kids is a deal breaker for me too. Is she coming to the wedding? Why do people have to suck? Lol.

Quoting braezmommy89:

I try SO hard not to let it bother me but damn it my kids are involved & when they get left out, i become livid..

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Are you kidding me?!

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ummmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braezmommy89
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Yes & my df just told me some news earlier that makes me want to call her and say "$#%¥ you...stay the eff home, your officially uninvited"
Shes dfs step mom and she used to be horrible to him, so that might also be why she seems to hate my kids.

&& i dont know.. Sucky people SUCK!!! Lol

Quoting meganisamom:

Ugh. Hurting the kids is a deal breaker for me too. Is she coming to the wedding? Why do people have to suck? Lol.

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Are you kidding me?!

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Quoting meganisamom:

Quoting braezmommy89:

Ummmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Unforchantly I don't think it will ever stop. It seems to be happening more and more now days.

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I agree but most women in them relationship have had hard times growing up and not had a good role model.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)