Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, I really enjoy CM (most of the time) I can identify a lot of times, I'm divorced, remarried. I have exhusband issues, ex wife issues and a big blended family. I am no where near perfect. And I never pretend I am. But, day after day I read about women who post stories about men who cheat, abuse, humiliate and are all around shitty husbands/boyfriends/fathers. These girls I feel awful for. But what I'd like to know is..... Why do most of these girls have no self respect? Why do women think its ok to get involved with men who have numerous children with numerous women? DO they REALLY THINK THEY ARE GIING TO CHANGE? And why do they girls continue to have babies when no one is working? Or they have no place to live? Stop having children you can't afford. Stop being with men that treat you like shit. Try getting married to a decent man who loves you BEFORE you have 5 kids. Finish school, stand on your own feet and HAVE SOME FREAKIN SELF RESPECT. Or we will have daughters and sons who think it is okay to live like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Replies (51-60):
merryvoice
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I definitely did! I thank God every day. I am a very, very lucky woman. 

Quoting meganisamom:

Same here. Glad you found your happiness.

Quoting merryvoice:

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I was younger, I didn't have any self-respect, yet I never let a man hit me. Some had tried, but I left. I have known many abused women and not all of them lacked self-respect. They stayed because they were committed, they stayed because they thought they could help, they stayed because they loved them. Everyone has their own reasons.

Self-respect isn't always easy to come by. My husband had a hell of a time helping me gain some, but I was one od the few fortunate women who got her Prince after all her toads.

coffeelover66
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM
U just lowered yrself by calling a person dumb isnt that a little disrespectful im sure they hear all the time how dumb they are thus making poor choices like u said it starts in the fam and they come on here and get bashed

Quoting meganisamom:

Some dumb girls post annoyed me so much I was compelled to write this Lol.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here here! good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Ten don't post that you want to have a 5 th baby with your abusive jobless boyfriend. And you won't be called stupid. I'm entitled to my opinion. And that's why I wrote the post.

Quoting coffeelover66:

U just lowered yrself by calling a person dumb isnt that a little disrespectful im sure they hear all the time how dumb they are thus making poor choices like u said it starts in the fam and they come on here and get bashed

Quoting meganisamom:

Some dumb girls post annoyed me so much I was compelled to write this Lol.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here here! good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeelover66
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM
And im entitled to mine and i think u need to use spell check now thats my opinion ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeelover66
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM
And im entitled to mine and i think u need to use spell check now thats my opinion ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM
That's. Not thats. Who needs spell check? Just wondering. Should we mention the commas you forgot?

Quoting coffeelover66:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I tend to agree..though I was one of those stupid ones, I stayed with a man who had no respect for me and abused me and I took it for 2 reasons. 1. I was scared to leave and 2. because I was stupid...after 8 years I left and worked on myself and bettering things for my children, now married to a wonderful man who respects me and if anything were to ever happen I know I can care for my children on my own and everyone would be okay

marie2409
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yep. Totally agree!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Here here! good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Hey, I was in the same boat. And I did exactly what you did. We should be very proud of ourselves. :). My girls tell me all the time how proud they are of me. Life is never too short to do the right thing. :)

Quoting LovelyBugs:

I tend to agree..though I was one of those stupid ones, I stayed with a man who had no respect for me and abused me and I took it for 2 reasons. 1. I was scared to leave and 2. because I was stupid...after 8 years I left and worked on myself and bettering things for my children, now married to a wonderful man who respects me and if anything were to ever happen I know I can care for my children on my own and everyone would be okay

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

pretty much just agreeing with the poster...we need more self respect

Quoting coffeelover66:

Im at work during break on phone whats yr point?

Quoting LovelyBugs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)