Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your good deed for the day :)

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

It's my annual post about The Breast Cancer Site :)

With October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought it would be appropriate to share this little gem I found a few years ago. At http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/, all you have to do is click on a pink button, and sponsors will donate 1 free mammogram to women who otherwise wouldn't be able to get one. It takes literally only about 10 seconds, counting the time it takes to open the page and let it load, etc. And then you've done a good deed!

What's even better is that once you're there, there are other tabs at the top of the page - Hunger, Animals, Veterans, Autism, Child Health, Literacy, & Rainforest. Each tab will take you to a page just like thebreastcancersite, where all you need to do is click on a button and sponsors will donate something to someone in need.

Hunger - your click will donate a cup of food to people battling hunger here in the US as well as in Africa.

Animals - your click will donate a bowl of food to rescued animals

Veterans - your click will donate a meal to our nation's veterans

Autism - your click will donate therapy to a child dealing with autism

Child Health - your click here will donate health care to a child who otherwise wouldn't have any.

Literacy - your click will donate a book to children

Rainforest - your click will help pay for habitat protection.

The best part of this site is that you can click once a day, every day! And even if you visit each site, it'll only take about a minute, maybe less, and think of all the good you can do for others!

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Preschoolers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thanks for sharing! I clicked through each one

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM
thanks for sharing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)