Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Has anyone got married in Vegas

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hi everyone, My fiance and I plan on getting married next October, in 2013. Has anyone gotten married in October and if so do you have any advice or good ideas? I have no clue as to how even to get started.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My sister is getting married in two weeks at the Flamingo Hilton. She got a package where the ceremony is at sunset and she walks out from behind a waterfall at the Flamingo Pool. Each hotel on the strip has their own wedding chapel, I suggest going to each hotel's website and clicking on the "weddings" tab. It gives you a price idea and a description of each package. You can also sign up to have information sent to you. For $1500 my sister's package includes the area, the officiant, her bouquet, a flower for me (MOH) and the groom's boutineer. She also gets two large flower sprays for decoration and an hour with the photographer before the wedding with a photo package included. I'll let you know how it all goes when I get back from there.

You can get so much more wedding for your money in Vegas, and it doesn't have to be cheesy at all. I think the Flamingo is lovely, but of all of the ones I looked at I would go with the garden chapel at the Tropicana, I thought it was prettier. 

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I got married in Vegas, but I lived there at the time and we just did jop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM

23 years ago we got married in las vegas, but off the main strip.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
lauraruth222
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM
My husband and I did this, too. It was a GORGEOUS wedding, especially for the money! Everything was taken care of for us, we just told them what we wanted. Not only did we get a beautiful wedding, we got a great honeymoon, too! And we did get married in October, our anniversary is this Friday. It was good weather, not too hot or too cold. Also, my MIL got us a good deal with a travel agent for a group of 20. We got 3days 2 nights at the Flamingo, and the round trip tickets for around $400. People still talk about what an awesome, memorable wedding we had! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! SO WORTH IT!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My sister is getting married in two weeks at the Flamingo Hilton. She got a package where the ceremony is at sunset and she walks out from behind a waterfall at the Flamingo Pool. Each hotel on the strip has their own wedding chapel, I suggest going to each hotel's website and clicking on the "weddings" tab. It gives you a price idea and a description of each package. You can also sign up to have information sent to you. For $1500 my sister's package includes the area, the officiant, her bouquet, a flower for me (MOH) and the groom's boutineer. She also gets two large flower sprays for decoration and an hour with the photographer before the wedding with a photo package included. I'll let you know how it all goes when I get back from there.

You can get so much more wedding for your money in Vegas, and it doesn't have to be cheesy at all. I think the Flamingo is lovely, but of all of the ones I looked at I would go with the garden chapel at the Tropicana, I thought it was prettier. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momlovesdaisies
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Thank you for all the wonderful advice. I'm going to check some websites out. I like the idea of having someone else do all the planning.

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Congrats! How exciting for you!

No we didnt get married in Vegas nor in Oct.

We got married end of sept

View Full Size Image YVONNE

momlovesdaisies
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM
How was the weather? We were thinking of having an outdoor wedding in Vegas but are concerned about the weather and the heat? We just got back from Vegas and it was 98 degrees. Wht do you think?
AlannaMaria
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM
We went to Vegas in October and the weather was PERFECT! It was very comfortable. I love Vegas :) we plan on going back soon! You'll def have an exciting wedding in Vegas.

Quoting momlovesdaisies:

How was the weather? We were thinking of having an outdoor wedding in Vegas but are concerned about the weather and the heat? We just got back from Vegas and it was 98 degrees. Wht do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN