Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Bf denied telling me he rethought our relationship..why

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 32 Replies
Bf of 2+ years told me the other day that he rethought our relationship twice lately. When I asked him anout It a couple days later, he denied it. Why???
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bradya
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM
was he drunk
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:09 PM
6 moms liked this

Sorry, batteries in the crystal ball are dead. You will need to ask him why. 

ColorMeCrazy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Gaslighting? Trying to get out of the work that comes with fixing a relationship?

didyouthink76
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quoting ColorMeCrazy:

Gaslighting? Trying to get out of the work that comes with fixing a relationship?

I asked him if he still felt that way and why he felt that....he denied it. So how can I fix
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:25 PM
How can you fix this???? What did you do wrong? NOTHING!

Quoting didyouthink76:

Quoting ColorMeCrazy:

I asked him if he still felt that way and why he felt that....he denied it. So how can I fix
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColorMeCrazy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:27 PM

You'll have to stand firm and stick to your guns. Tell him that he said it, you heard him say it, and you will not be gaslighted. If he continues to deny it I would suggest a break, obviously he has some issues right now.

This is the definition of gaslighting: Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception and sanity. It may simply be the denial by an abuser that previous incidents ever occurred, or it could be the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.

Quoting didyouthink76:

Quoting ColorMeCrazy:

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I wouldn't worry about it...I mean if he's lying yeah but I think you're over thinking it...we girls tend to do that..I know that I do. I wouldn't worry unless there are some significant things that look bad for your relationship..signs, red flags, you know. I think everyone from time to time has a bad day, gets frustrated.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably because a few days ago you blew up at him to the point you said you didn't want to be with him?? Why would he want a repeat of this.. AGAIN

timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

counseling??

didyouthink76
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quoting raegan1221:

I wouldn't worry about it...I mean if he's lying yeah but I think you're over thinking it...we girls tend to do that..I know that I do. I wouldn't worry unless there are some significant things that look bad for your relationship..signs, red flags, you know. I think everyone from time to time has a bad day, gets frustrated.

He is lying. He said it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)