Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I feel like I am going under water and the more I try the more I feel like there is no hope!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 20 Replies
So I'm tired of always giving in to my husband I do so much around the house and I do all the work with the kids if he wants to go out I've let him known that I have no problem with him out an having some time for himself but I get nothing in return last night he was hanging out with friends and they wanted him to stay over he came home at 7:00am this morning and I woke up made breakfast for him when today should of been my day off but like every weekend I got nothing but all the chores and the handling of the kids I didn't even get a small break to even shower and relax I've been playing and cooking and cleaning while he played and chilled and slept all day I feel so alone and I don't know if this is what I want my marriage to b like....I feel like if this keeps up ill be thinking of divorce soon!! Help please anyone just tell me what u guys really think!
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conweis
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Give him his walking papers. Tell him if you are going to do it alone than you don't need to be tied down to him. He either becomes an equal partner or gets out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. If you wanted another child to care for you'd have one... He needs to grow up and be responsible

Quoting conweis:

Give him his walking papers. Tell him if you are going to do it alone than you don't need to be tied down to him. He either becomes an equal partner or gets out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie2409
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Normally I would advise having a talk with him. But, i wouldn't want any part of a man that couldn't figure out on his own that he needs to be a grown man, and take care of his grown up responsibilities. It's a conversation that shouldn't have to be had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Sometimes guys need a wake up call. He will either realize it isn't OK and work on it or leave.

Quoting marie2409:

Normally I would advise having a talk with him. But, i wouldn't want any part of a man that couldn't figure out on his own that he needs to be a grown man, and take care of his grown up responsibilities. It's a conversation that shouldn't have to be had.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mineandme
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
You shouldn't have to tell him you deserve more support. But for some reason he must feel its acceptable, before you start thinking of a divorce try to talk to him. Don't tell him he's not helping; tell him you need him to start helping with (1,2,3). Don't tell him all the things he's not doing, give him the solution to help you with the issues. And make sure you get your mommy time too. Sometimes the peraon who gets their time forgets the other needs those moments for themselves. If he can't get it together then you have every right to start thinking of other alternatives. But give him a chance to make an effort and to successfully start pulling his weight in responsibility. Hope you do end up in the marriage you anticipated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marie2409
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I agree with that too. Maybe he thinks it's ok? I mean, he SHOULD know better, but men can be pretty dense lol.

Quoting conweis:

Sometimes guys need a wake up call. He will either realize it isn't OK and work on it or leave.

Quoting marie2409:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

if he is a husband and a father then his job is to love and take care of you and help you with the kids and the running of the household. its not just ur responsibility, if he wanted to stay out and party all night he shouldnt have gotten married and had kids, he has a family and he needs to act like it.

timswife_momof2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

oh and im not done. if he wants to party every now and then then tell him to get a sitter and take you with him, i am sure you would love a night to have fun too. not just him. im sorry u dont deserve how you are being treated.

johana21
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM
We have had so many up and downs and the more I try to b loving and understanding (especially since he picked up another job to make ends meet) the more I feel and realize that he thinks that what I do as a stay at home mother with two kids is nothing (quite: It's not like u make any money I work and pay all the bills so I should have a day to relax) but what about me? Don't us stay at home moms deserve the same?
gardengirl23
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Why did you make his breakfast?  Stop doing everything.  When he walked in at 7am you should have done what you wanted to do.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)