Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

dh is really lazy

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

my husband has got to be the laziest i know  sometimes i dont mind. but he left his job 3 and hal weeks ago and has done nothing since..not looking for a job or doing things around the house(whcih there is an abundance) he has literally layed in bed or the couch for the whole time..left the house for and hour for 2 days... thats it.  i cook and clean and take care of his kids and work part time and school full time.

i know i enable him but its just easier if  do somethings myself then have ask him to do it. when he does work he works hard and usually alot of hours.

for example today he asked i i would scratch his hand..i mean seriously..wtf. he asked if i would make his resume i did but i needed help with work history any dates and details(only been otgether 2.5 yrs).he got pissy with me..this causes soooooo many of our arguments and i hate it

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattooedMomto4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like he may be suffering from depression. I would try to get him to see someone.

meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Arent you the same chick who wants a baby? Was gonna try and trick him into it? Grow up. It's a real fabulous idea to have a baby with a jobless idiot who can't get off the couch. Who can't even scratch his own head. Why do you post these stupid things???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meganisamom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM
This was your post from the other day.....

so my husband had a 6 and 5 yr old... ive known since the oldest was 7 months old, i was in the delivery room when the little one was born and even named him. always said i didnt wantmore kids since his were like my own. we are in the process of getting a court date because he has also had a child when he was 19 that we dont se but we r trying to get cs removed or reduced.

lately ive been feeling like any normal almost 29 yr old w no kids.. i want a baby! i dont know if thats my clock ticking, or insecurites that one day the family wont be around, or me just being selfish. i have had 1 miscarriage when iwas 17 and have been on birth control since and no other pregnancies..now i have the iud that comes out in jan.. not sure i want to be on more and not take precautions with my hubby...i dont want to trick him but i dont want to tell him...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This.  Not working can really mess with some one's head, especially guys.  

Make plans to do things as a family - primarily to get him up and out of the house.  Verbalize how much you love him, how he can be such a great, hard worker, how he does _____ and ____ so well, how much you respect him.  While it's hard to say those things when he's acting like this, he needs to hear that he's not a loser, and that he can still be a man for his family.

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

It sounds like he may be suffering from depression. I would try to get him to see someone.

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM

wow...um....idk what to say.  my dh is totally the opposite.  he will lounge for a day when he gets home from work, but the rest of the time he is up and doing things.  he hates just sitting around.

maybe try getting his work clothes out and pushing him out the door?  tell him not to come back until he has put in an application everywhere.

squeekers
http://www.richdemuro.com/home/2014/12/17/how-to-get-a-refund-from-google-play-for-in-app-purchases-your-kids-made-without-your-permission
Yesterday at 12:41 AM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM

is he battling depression?

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I would demand that he get off the couch. Either help around the house or go look for a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epaolini
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

yeah i think its depression but still..we have a lot to happy about and he woulnt let me get away with things that hes doing. i know its different for a man.

and yes i am the one who posted about wanting a kid but never did i say i was going to trick him. i clearly stated i didnt want to. i wouldnt do that to anyone. i want a baby for my own personal selfishness i know it. we arent going to have any together. ive accepted it, would just be nice to have one of my own

catrig
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a spray bottle.  Spray him when he becomes so lazy he won't scratch his own itchies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN